New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

52 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

But that man was a city-dwelling moron, not a real hunter who understands the responsibility and historical weight of owning a firearm.

And when something like this happens you should lose your right to own guns.

ive already said carry laws need to be fixed. He shouldn’t be in a restaurant with a gun. Big difference between a restaurant and a forest.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

And when something like this happens you should lose your right to own guns.

ive already said carry laws need to be fixed. He shouldn’t be in a restaurant with a gun. Big difference between a restaurant and a forest.

Woah there pal, what part of shall not be infringed are you not getting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

When I get into conversations with my dad about guns, I become more and more convinced that there is some mental illness involved in the ways that gun nuts view the world. 

Because gun ownership in America has become a token, a symbol of privilege. 

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Because gun ownership in America has become a token, a symbol of privilege. 

Somebody tell my dad that as a black dude he has no such privilege! He is mister “if you don’t do anything wrong you don’t have anything to worry about”. 

I still think it's absurd that certain people think it's wrong to take your kids hunting. 

Literally a ton of activities carry an inherent risk. You could be hit by a car riding your bike or struck in the head playing baseball or involved in a car crash on your way to work. Hunting is actually quite safe, so long as you practice basic safety rules. Most dangerous situation I've been in while hunting was falling asleep on the ground and waking up to finding a skunk just yards away. :p 

Accidents are quite rare when hunting. 

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Somebody tell my dad that as a black dude he has no such privilege! He is mister “if you don’t do anything wrong you don’t have anything to worry about”. 

The fact that the mere thought of ‘Blackman’ and ‘gun’ in the same proximity  results police raining down hell fire on innocent black men everyday illustrates that the 2nd amendment isn’t meant for black people. 

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Because the truth is semi-autos are nonsense for hunting.

They make sense for population management hunts, like the feral hog issue, or so I have read.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They make sense for population management hunts, like the feral hog issue, or so I have read.

An issue that civilians shouldn't be trusted with, especially since it hasn't stopped the issue one bit.  The removal of vital predator species is also a big driver of population issues. 

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

An issue that civilians shouldn't be trusted with, especially since it hasn't stopped the issue one bit.  The removal of vital predator species is also a big driver of population issues. 

The local governments utilize the volunteer efforts of community members for all sorts of activities, why should animal control efforts be different?

There is no point in doing active shooter drills. It traumatizes students and doesn't prepare them for the reality of gunfire. Unless you are going to drill them so much that it all becomes muscle-memory (like in the military), it's just a scary thing for them that won't help them in a real-life crisis. Going over lockdown procedures makes sense (close doors, turn off lights, etc), but actually doing a drill where a fake shooter is going room to room and shooting something at kids and teachers is insane.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

There is no point in doing active shooter drills. It traumatizes students and doesn't prepare them for the reality of gunfire. Unless you are going to drill them so much that it all becomes muscle-memory (like in the military), it's just a scary thing for them that won't help them in a real-life crisis. Going over lockdown procedures makes sense (close doors, turn off lights, etc), but actually doing a drill where a fake shooter is going room to room and shooting something at kids and teachers is insane.

Mat least at the school district here, active shooter drills are what you describe as lockdown drills. None of this nerf gun insanity. I’m genuinely baffled by this story.

53 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

If it wasn’t for hunters killing and trapping hogs, the whole of the south would be completely overrun by them. Tens of thousands a years are culled by hunters. Hogs destroy everything, and spread out to anywhere there is food. They can survive hard winters, and breed multiple times per year.

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Mat least at the school district here, active shooter drills are what you describe as lockdown drills. None of this nerf gun insanity. I’m genuinely baffled by this story.

Yeah I'm not referring to all drills or preparation, of course, but the ones that involve teaching children how to absorb bullets or use shields or rush the shooter. These are all things that 99% of them are going to forget the second a gun is fired. Even professional soldiers break under fire, and they are conditioned to respond by reflex.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

If it wasn’t for hunters killing and trapping hogs, the whole of the south would be completely overrun by them. Tens of thousands a years are culled by hunters. Hogs destroy everything, and spread out to anywhere there is food. They can survive hard winters, and breed multiple times per year.

3ssfP1z.png

The South is already overrun

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Only because shitlords destroyed their natural predators.