Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Update: France/Spain/Belgium pour cold water on May's proposal of "no-deal" Brexit extension to June 30 without "significant" new British proposal

Recommended Posts

This extension and terms unloads the No Deal gun, if May loses again, the EU just gave Parliament an out to avoid No Deal by getting an long extension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Worked out for Rome, right?

Can they even get rid of her without triggering a General Election? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I read that they can't do another no-confidence vote until December, so yeah, this would consist of pleading for her to resign voluntarily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

 

 

There are only two things I can't stand in this galaxy. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Borg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current situation is that the Prime Minister who wants to remain but leads a party that wants to leave is negotiating with the Opposition Leader who wants to leave but leads a party that wants to remain for an agreement that is sure to please absolutely no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The current situation is that the Prime Minister who wants to remain but leads a party that wants to leave is negotiating with the Opposition Leader who wants to leave but leads a party that wants to remain for an agreement that is sure to please absolutely no one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

 

So the options before the UK are:

  1. No Deal (default option April 12th)
  2. May's Deal (which would need Labour since the Conservative Brexiteers now have a hard on for No Deal thanks to France, Spain, and Belgium)
  3. New plan (which Parliament can't agree on so May's only option would be a General Election)
  4. Revoke Article 50

Bets? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

 

So the options before the UK are:

  1. No Deal (default option April 12th)
  2. May's Deal (which would need Labour since the Conservative Brexiteers now have a hard on for No Deal thanks to France, Spain, and Belgium)
  3. New plan (which Parliament can't agree on so May's only option would be a General Election)
  4. Revoke Article 50

Bets? 

1 gets my vote.

 

Just a week to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

1 gets my vote.

 

Just a week to go!

The only way May's Deal or another plan have a chance in hell is if May puts bullet in No Deal or Revoke. If she says No Deal or May Deal, she might get enough Labour votes, likewise if she tells her party May Deal or Revoke, the Brexiteers might come along. She can't keep leaving all options open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why the FUCK doesn't May just


Call another referendum. Have the options be:

 

May's deal

No Brexit

 

If the deal side wins. Boom she's got a mandate and her party has to support it. If it fails, boom. Brexit mandate no longer exists and she can revoke article 50. It's simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentWorld said:

why the FUCK doesn't May just


Call another referendum. Have the options be:

 

May's deal

No Brexit

 

If the deal side wins. Boom she's got a mandate and her party has to support it. If it fails, boom. Brexit mandate no longer exists and she can revoke article 50. It's simple. 

She can't call for referendum on her own - that requires a parliamentary vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

She can't call for referendum on her own - that requires a parliamentary vote.

Ok, that makes sense but... 

 

Has she even tried that route? Is it something parliament would emphatically not support? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilentWorld said:

Ok, that makes sense but... 

 

Has she even tried that route? Is it something parliament would emphatically not support? 

Parliament has voted on 12 different options, including a People's Vote, every option failed to get a majority. The only thing that's gotten a majority are extension requests and non binding resolutions that No Deal is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Parliament has voted on 12 different options, including a People's Vote, every option failed to get a majority. The only thing that's gotten a majority are extension requests and non binding resolutions that No Deal is bad.

 

Yeah, it would kind of being like your dad saying you can't have a dog because it costs too much money so you say, "Well alright, then can I have a horse?".

 

A May Deal vs. Stay is just a Stay Referendum with a very thin layer of lipstick on it. And a second referendum has always been one of the most unpopular options because obviously all the Leavers are going to be against it, along with a fair number who didn't initially support leaving, but think the will of the people should be respected.

 

At least, that's my understanding of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, outsida said:

Can we do a Hong Kong deal and delay for 99 years?!

 

oh my god wow GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

 

:dumpster_fire:

 

 

*Insert stock joke about prodigiously out of shape politician "running" for office*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

ooof

 

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLO

 

Just saying, has anyone ever seen Boris Johnson and Donald Trump in the same room? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...