Update: France/Spain/Belgium pour cold water on May's proposal of "no-deal" Brexit extension to June 30 without "significant" new British proposal

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lol so now we just will have Brexit extended every 3 months so that the UK will never have to leave the EU and the Conservatives will never have to admit they made a mistake.

Sounds about right.

Or the EU just says no.  Which I honestly hope happens.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

One of my parliamentary fetishes is when speakers go against their party and enforce the rules. Makes me hard just thinking about it. If they picked up the ceremonial mace and started beating people...oh god!!!

This do it for you? From today 

I suspect that it is somewhat undersold that the EU faces some bad consequences for a no-deal Brexit as well. But when you factor in that it's going to be bad for them however Britain leaves on top of discouraging others from leaving I am not sure why they would want to throw the UK a lifeline here.

Also...nice of Macron to take the lead on giving us one more France surrendered meme.

5 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

So basically they only get a delay for procedural purposes, right?

If they pass May's proposal, then the EU will delay it just long enough to logistically cover the legislative hurdles to get it done.

But if not, it's a no deal Brexit. No more delays to "figure something out".

Seems like the EU is doing all they can to help May with her all or nothing plan(though the hardcore Brexiteers seem to like this too, because they think it gives them the best chance to get the hell out, avoid endless delays, and just pick up the pieces afterward).

Does that about sum it up, or am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

So basically they only get a delay for procedural purposes, right?

If they pass May's proposal, then the EU will delay it just long enough to logistically cover the legislative hurdles to get it done.

But if not, it's a no deal Brexit. No more delays to "figure something out".

Seems like the EU is doing all they can to help May with her all or nothing plan(though the hardcore Brexiteers seem to like this too, because they think it gives them the best chance to get the hell out, avoid endless delays, and just pick up the pieces afterward).

Does that about sum it up, or am I missing something?

They'll vote next week, if yes, May 22 for logistics. If no they have until April 12. If nothing on the 12th the UK has to decide whether or not to stand for EU Parliament Elections, if yes, then the UK will be granted a "long extension", if no, No Deal.