Play Steam or Pc games on your xbox 1x with a controller

TomCat

Xbox Live Gold just got even more ironic.  You can now stream Sea of Thieves to your Xbox One (X) to play online with no subscription.  (With a hit to fidelity.)

52 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ll assume 1080p 30fps with no HDR :sadsun:

That's why it's worth it to me to have the PC in the living room.  The appeal of in-home streaming would be more of a productivity thing for me.  (ie: writing email at computer monitor in another room)

2 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Soo... I don't have a gaming rig, so maybe this is contributing to my confusion.. but...

If I was a PC gamer, and I wanted to play on my tv.. wouldn't I just output my pc to the tv? Using the xbox just kinda seems like a redundancy to me...

Most people dont have an HDMI cable that can stretch to thier TV.

6 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If I was a PC gamer, and I wanted to play on my tv.. wouldn't I just output my pc to the tv?

Because of the old fashioned idea that the PC isn't a living room device.

3 minutes ago, TomCat said:

Most people dont have an HDMI cable that can stretch to thier TV.

25ft HDMI cables are cheap.  It's what I have currently.  But if I needed longer, I'd just end up moving the PC.

Just now, crispy4000 said:

Because of the old fashioned idea that the PC isn't a living room device.

25ft HDMI cables are cheap.  It's what I have currently.  But if I needed longer, I'd just end up moving the PC.

I know they are cheap I have one but most people that i've seen who dont have thier Pc to thier Tv say they dont have a long enough video cable

21 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Xbox Live Gold just got even more ironic.  You can now stream Sea of Thieves to your Xbox One (X) to play online with no subscription.  With a hit to fidelity.

That's why it's worth it to me to have the PC in the living room.  The appeal of in-home streaming would be more of a productivity thing for me.  (ie: writing email at computer monitor in another room)

The PC is taken up during the stream, though: it’s more of a screen mirror.

At least via GameStream and Steam Streaming it is (the game is running and taking up full screen space on the PC while streaming to whatever else, it cannot be minimized or run in the background, unless this changed and I missed it).

21 minutes ago, TomCat said:

I know they are cheap I have one but most people that i've seen who dont have thier Pc to thier Tv say they dont have a long enough video cable

They should move the PC then, like I said.

Everyone ultimately has a screen they prefer: their TV, or their monitor.  It'd be better to stream their PC signal to their 2nd choice.  And probably not game on it (much).