DOOM ANNIHILATION makes the bold move of turning Doomguy into Doomgirl and now people want to kill the director.

Bacon

55 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don’t understand why movie nerds get upset over things like these. Game nerds love it. I don’t think many people objected to the female Terry Bogard.

I am pretty sure this is the game nerds based off the comments. Also, R63 is only liked when it is animated shit, or I should say not IRL.

It's hilarious how much you hear about gender and/or ethnicity switching of characters in comics, movies, games etc pissing dudes off now.  Didn't the adaptation of the Silent Hill movie change Harry to an original character for the movie who was a woman, and pretty much NOBODY got angry about it?  And it wasn't just a movie based on a shooting game with a dumb story (when there even is one), but a somewhat promising adaptation of games that attempted serious stories that fans ended up being passionate about, so in theory it should've caused much more outrage than a shitty Doom film that you'd think anyone who truly loves video games or movies wouldn't care about to begin with.  :lol:

22 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

It's hilarious how much you hear about gender and/or ethnicity switching of characters in comics, movies, games etc pissing dudes off now.  Didn't the adaptation of the Silent Hill movie change Harry to an original character for the movie who was a woman, and pretty much NOBODY got angry about it?  And it wasn't just a movie based on a shooting game with a dumb story (when there even is one), but a somewhat promising adaptation of games that attempted serious stories that fans ended up being passionate about, so in theory it should've caused much more outrage than a shitty Doom film that you'd think anyone who truly loves video games or movies wouldn't care about to begin with.  :lol:

Well, tbh, I think at least half of the people are mad that the movie isn't 1hr30min of demon slaying. I think if the movie was that there would almost uinversal praise.

27 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Well, tbh, I think at least half of the people are mad that the movie isn't 1hr30min of demon slaying. I think if the movie was that there would almost uinversal praise.

I don't get how anyone can care enough about a Doom movie to get mad about it unless they're hatebabies provoked by the director's choice to make Doomguy into Doomgirl, but maybe I'm biased in thinking it's impossible to make an engaging Doom movie to begin with. The best adaptation of the games I can think of is maybe a Hardcore Harry-style experimental first person action film, but even that would probably just make me want to play Doom instead.

3 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

I don't get how anyone can care enough about a Doom movie to get mad about it unless they're hatebabies provoked by the director's choice to make Doomguy into Doomgirl, but maybe I'm biased in thinking it's impossible to make an engaging Doom movie to begin with. The best adaptation of the games I can think of is maybe a Hardcore Harry-style experimental first person action film, but even that would probably just make me want to play Doom instead.

Doom is totally doable. It just needs to be Aliens, but with demons. A straight action/horror film with a focus on scary demons in crowded spaces on a space station. It's not high art. It just needs to be scary/fun.

41 minutes ago, ort said:

Is this a direct to DVD kinda deal?

Yup.  It's a low budget direct to video movie because someone had the rights and wanted to make more money off of the name.  I think ID even came out and said they have nothing to do with this.

I look forward to essays espousing how the objection to the change isn't sexism, it's that Doomguy being male is inherent to the artistic vision of the original game and that changing it completely destroys the important thematic elements originally present.

• Haha 4