Report: Sony in "advanced talks" to acquire Take-Two Interactive (2K, Rockstar, etc.)

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

While I prefer Nintendo's first party games and feel they have a much stronger lineup, Sony is fantastic with their first party stable of games and the system wouldn't sell nearly as well without them. What a silly remark to say otherwise.

I’m not totally sure about it selling much less.  

All Sony had to do at the start of this gen was show up with $399 and that silly game sharing video.  The PS4 wasn’t a killer app driven platform until Bloodborne at earliest.  They’d still be in the lead if they had similar troubles as Microsoft with their first party lineup.   

On the flip side, I think there’s a lot more fans of their 1st party games now than in the PS3 era.  That’s good for them going into the next gen.  I could see a Horizon 2 being a major draw.

Not sure this is gonna happen but if it does it's possible Take Two games could still be released on PC.  A deal could be made that results in their games being console exclusive to Sony. Even if not, considering Playstation Now recently started letting you stream and download PS4 games, they might slowly transition the PC version of PSNow to being a combination of a streaming service and one like Steam or the Windows store which let you download your games, but based on Sony's business practices this gen the catch would probably be a requirement of downloading the software and paying a continuous subscription fee to have access to anything in your library.  

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Rodimus

Honestly, just having ANYONE buy out Konami would be great, if for nothing else but to get new releases from their fantastic IPs. I need my Castlevania fix! And yeah, Bloodstained may end up being great, but it's not the "real thing."  Hope the rumor of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection turns out to be true. While it wouldn't be any new games, it would be nice to have a large compilation of many of the titles in one spot, for once. 

But yeah, Take-Two would literally cost hundreds of millions of dollars, I'd suspect. But if what @mikechorney said just happened, maybe we don't have anything to really worry about anyway. 

Sony buying Konami's IPs would be pretty dope for many reasons, not the least of which being Kojima works at Sony now and if Silent Hills became a Sony IP...