~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 7:08 AM, Jose said:

I enjoyed him as a poster even if he was a tad batshit insane.

Though I am bit bummed our leftist revolutionary couldn't even handle a PM warning lol.

He seemed like the kind of revolutionary that's only so until any resistance happens. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ya boi is going abroad for the first time. :sun: My girlfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary tomorrow, and I'm surprising her with a trip to Europe. We'll be spending two days in Amsterdam, travel through Cologne on the way to Heidelberg, spend a night there, then spend two days in the Swiss Alps, then two days in Paris. I'm super excited; I almost studied abroad when I was in school but ended up not being able to afford it. I booked through Contiki, and accommodations + airfare ended up being $3,500 for the both of us, which seems reasonable enough (and even if it isn't, I'm willing to pay a premium for the convenience of one-shop booking). Now I just have to hope no ISIS cells decide to go live the first week of September!

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Another of the "Greatest Generation" passed into memory last night as my father -- who turned 98 on January 28 -- went to his well-earned eternal rest.

Requiescas in pace mi pater carissime.

I will instigate a Russian in his honor. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Another of the "Greatest Generation" passed into memory last night as my father -- who turned 98 on January 28 -- went to his well-earned eternal rest.

He had to have been a great person to have raised such a humorous, intelligent, and generous person as you. Very very sorry for your loss my friend.

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I’m very sorry for your loss and hope that you and yours are doing well. If there was a place that was taking good care of him towards the end that could benefit from a donation please let me know. 

5 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

So sorry to hear this Wade. When you're ready, we'd love to hear about him. 

• 4 weeks later...

...so...in case you thought this day wasn't fun enough, my parents gave me an update on my brother's situation. 

Long story short, he's been dealing with drugs for well over 5 years now, and has been in and out of jail and rehab multiple times. 

On Saturday, we all staged in intervention to try and get him into rehab one more time, and he ultimately agreed.

When they brought him there, the treatment center said he was exhibiting psychiatric symptoms, and they were not equipped to take him in that state.  He was sent to a hospital emergency room, where he had to be held for at least 72 hours.  

They let him out earlier today...but he still refused to go to treatment.  And since he's not allowed back home because he's made my parents' lives a liven hell for so long, the hospital just released him out into the streets.  All he has with him now is a bag of clothes and a small amount of cash.  No phone or wallet.

...I feel like he's going to end up dead in the streets somewhere.

Fuck everything.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any legal precedent/history for lawsuits concerning out-of-network insurance coverage? I just got an email that my company heath plan is in a dispute with the biggest health network in the region (UPMC), and thus they will not accept my insurance at this time, and it got me wondering...Let's say I went to a UPMC facility, stiffed them on their insane bill, and it ultimately ended up in court. Given that I have insurance that would be willing to pay on my behalf, on what grounds could UPMC win a personal judgment against me? UPMC is the unwilling participant in the arrangement, not myself or my insurance. I'd be curious if there is any case law on the subject.

56 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Is there any legal precedent/history for lawsuits concerning out-of-network insurance coverage? I just got an email that my company heath plan is in a dispute with the biggest health network in the region (UPMC), and thus they will not accept my insurance at this time, and it got me wondering...Let's say I went to a UPMC facility, stiffed them on their insane bill, and it ultimately ended up in court. Given that I have insurance that would be willing to pay on my behalf, on what grounds could UPMC win a personal judgment against me? UPMC is the unwilling participant in the arrangement, not myself or my insurance. I'd be curious if there is any case law on the subject.

You'd get fucked eventually. To hell with a rent strike (por que no los dos). We need an organized healthcare strike.