Sign in to follow this  
CitizenVectron

~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

@Jason I know that feel, bro. It really sucks when you don't feel like a relationship was given a proper chance, and I'm truly sorry to hear that it happened to you. 

Maybe a good strategy would be to avoid those places that bring up memories of her for a little bit, until you feel like you're in a better place where you can make new memories there with friends? Kind of tough if it was all in your neighborhood, but I think that intentionally putting yourself in those situations is just picking at the wound and not allowing it to heal. 

If you're feeling too down about it, avoiding alcohol for a few days might be a good plan too, but obviously you know yourself and how you're feeling; I certainly don't want to be preachy. :hug: 

22 minutes ago, Nokra said:

@Jason I know that feel, bro. It really sucks when you don't feel like a relationship was given a proper chance, and I'm truly sorry to hear that it happened to you. 

Maybe a good strategy would be to avoid those places that bring up memories of her for a little bit, until you feel like you're in a better place where you can make new memories there with friends? Kind of tough if it was all in your neighborhood, but I think that intentionally putting yourself in those situations is just picking at the wound and not allowing it to heal. 

If you're feeling too down about it, avoiding alcohol for a few days might be a good plan too, but obviously you know yourself and how you're feeling; I certainly don't want to be preachy. :hug: 

I didn't intentionally seek out that bar last night, I'm not THAT deep into the self-flaggelating despair here. I was out with people and that's where everyone wanted to go from the bar we started at. I didn't even completely realize where we were going until we got there.

As for friends...my friend here that I'd been hanging out with most weekends at least once a weekend for like three years, I've seen maybe twice in six months. I have a vague idea of of what's going on there but it doesn't really explain why he's been so completely AWOL, even when I've tried to reach out to hang out. I'm definitely just hurt by how things went with this girl, but I have no doubt it's both being exacerbated by wondering what's going on with that friend and that my feelings about him are getting mixed up with my feelings about her.

And yeah, I'm gonna try to not go crazy with the booze today, I know being hung over and tired makes me more vulnerable to wallowing in the self-pity, but I wasn't exactly in a "just have a couple of drinks" mood last night either.

Watching @Josehave a ball at Disney and daydreaming of when the wife and I going for our anniversary in the winter :)

I so want to visit Disney World again.  I haven't been there since I was 12.

But because I'm still technically a contractor at my job, I don't get vacation hours.  I have to wait until they make a decision on whether or not to make me a fulltime employee, which likely won't be until the end of the year.  It sucks, and I also don't get personal time or holiday pay, but it is what it is.

13 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Watching @Josehave a ball at Disney and daydreaming of when the wife and I going for our anniversary in the winter :)

Make sure you check out the new Avatar ride. Not a fam of the movie, but the ride is literally mind-blowing dude!

...I feel like I should take a break from this site.  Not because anyone pissed me off or anything, but this site is my main source for political news.  And frankly, after seeing the shit that's gone on over the past 2+ years, I'm no longer angry or even depressed about it.  I'm just tired and numb, in a "This is the world we live in now, and nothing will ever change" sort of way.  And I dont know what to do to get rid of that feeling.