~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

So tonight, I got a call about a potential job offer. Nothing definite, but it would likely start in about two months. Also, the pay would be at least double what I make now.

Please let this work out...

Similar thing happened to me. I have a lunch with a recruiter tomorrow. Significant pay increase so I hope it goes well...

I hope it works out for you too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

FYI for anyone who hates the Twitter timeline going non-chronological:

Alternatively, if you're fine with the changes but would still like the option of browsing chronologically, you can use http://realtwitter.com. It redirects you to Twitter with some filter settings prepopulated to force a chronological view.

I'll give that a shot. Sports are the worst. Nothing dumber than seeing recycled tweets of meaningless play-by-play of a game that happened yesterday.

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

I'll give that a shot. Sports are the worst. Nothing dumber than seeing recycled tweets of meaningless play-by-play of a game that happened yesterday.

What I hate is that it's become like Facebook, where if you see a tweet/post you actually wanted to click after clicking away from the page or closing the tab (or if you accidentally refresh the page), you can't find it again because it decides that you've already seen it and so loads a completely different set of tweets/posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, someone's gotta remove this "moderator approval" tag from my account, I want to bitch about how much applying for jobs sucks too. Also, I'm more or less here because I needed a distraction from fruitless weekend job hunting, so please don't fail me now. Double also, belated congratulations for anyone who got married/had kids/got an awesome job/got divorced/got 100% completion in Spider-man/ate a really good taco since I posted last. I'm proud of you all (mostly).

17 minutes ago, Tao 2.0 said:

Alright, someone's gotta remove this "moderator approval" tag from my account, I want to bitch about how much applying for jobs sucks too. Also, I'm more or less here because I needed a distraction from fruitless weekend job hunting, so please don't fail me now. Double also, belated congratulations for anyone who got married/had kids/got an awesome job/got divorced/got 100% completion in Spider-man/ate a really good taco since I posted last. I'm proud of you all (mostly).

THANKS!

Also, I hope you stick around this time as opposed to the "hit-and-runs." You seem like a genuinely cool dude and you give a good vibe to the board.

Aw thanks, I've had my moments over the years. Christ, just dawned on me that I met a good number of you guys in the 90s. On Dreamcast.

That said, how in the holy fuck do you get all the suits in Spider-man? Last trophy I need for 100% Platinum status, but I'm struggling to scrape up all the Challenge Tokens I need. Do you basically need to score Golds in every single Challenge? Because I'd like to... but they're challenging.

6 minutes ago, Tao 2.0 said:

Aw thanks, I've had my moments over the years. Christ, just dawned on me that I met a good number of you guys in the 90s. On Dreamcast.

That said, how in the holy fuck do you get all the suits in Spider-man? Last trophy I need for 100% Platinum status, but I'm struggling to scrape up all the Challenge Tokens I need. Do you basically need to score Golds in every single Challenge? Because I'd like to... but they're challenging.

Nope, I just did well enough in enough challenges to unlock some of the other suits. Combat ones are easier to get once you're level 50 because you unlock a suit whose power allows you to knock everyone down in one hit (but you also go down in one hit). 

Okay, fuck it, you motivated me, I'm jumping back in to take another stab at it now. JUST YOU WAIT MOTHER I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD OF ME YET.

Also... so what's up with y'all since I was around last? I guess America sorta-but-not-really elected a shitty landlord as its president or something? That's pretty weird.

I've had quite a ride, but right now I'm also surfing unemployment for like five months and it sucks. I hate the contract life. I have two interviews this week though; one with an agency I started the background check process on even before the last one left. Having to borrow money from family sucks ass (but I'm grateful of the fact I have this opportunity).

5 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I've had quite a ride, but right now I'm also surfing unemployment for like five months and it sucks. I hate the contract life. I have two interviews this week though; one with an agency I started the background check process on even before the last one left. Having to borrow money from family sucks ass (but I'm grateful of the fact I have this opportunity).

What industry you working in, again?