~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

So, my one (and basically only) friend disappeared off the internet.  I just noticed that she deleted her Facebook account, and I can't PM her in Discord (either she deleted her account there or blocked everyone...or just me).  It's weird, because she was fairly active just a couple days ago. 

I sent her a text, just asking if she is okay.  No reply so far.  Now I have to play the waiting and worrying game.

Is she going through some tough shit and doesn't want to talk to anyone?  What if she did all of this just to cut me out of her life? I don't fucking know, and I fucking hate this.

• Sad 1

Was able to deliver a brand new set of iPads to our special needs school today, which was awesome. They've been using some ten-year-old iPads for...ten years, and they are really, really on their last legs. Fortunately our department (IT) was able to fully fund the replacement so the school didn't have to, and we set up a new management system. We are a Windows Enterprise school division (and use Androids normally, when tablets are needed), so setting up the iPads was a bit of a challenge. But glad the kids will get them!

fkW4gcf.jpeg

15 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

So, my one (and basically only) friend disappeared off the internet.  I just noticed that she deleted her Facebook account, and I can't PM her in Discord (either she deleted her account there or blocked everyone...or just me).  It's weird, because she was fairly active just a couple days ago. 

I sent her a text, just asking if she is okay.  No reply so far.  Now I have to play the waiting and worrying game.

Is she going through some tough shit and doesn't want to talk to anyone?  What if she did all of this just to cut me out of her life? I don't fucking know, and I fucking hate this.

Hopefully you are able to contact her and find out that she is okay. Do you live anywhere near her, or know anyone that knows her?

So...I found out my cat has what's called an ectopic ureter, meaning one of his kidneys isn't connected properly to his bladder. He's fine now, but it can lead to things like kidney damage if not corrected.

One glance online states that the cost for the surgery to correct it ranges from $2,500-$10,000.

Fuck everything.

• Sad 1

I had to get up at 4 AM Eastern for my flight back from the east coast today. It was nice to land with the day ahead of me, especially since we landed 45 minutes early, but it means I've been up since 1 AM Pacific, and only slept five hours last night, though did get like 30 or 45 minutes in on the flight, so feeling simultaneously mostly fine and sort of out of it which is a weird combination. 

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Stained our deck, finally feel like a homeowner.

46tFWd7.jpg

Ignore the dandelions on the left, the entire backyard is just weeds thanks to the previous owners (all rocks and ineffective weed barrier), we're re-sodding this year.

Lawns are bad for the environment and you should leave the weeds. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think I have (combined front and back yard) about 2,000 square feet of lawn, max. Easy peasy with the battery electric mower. Grass is only green here for about 4-5 months of the year, so people tend to enjoy the green while we have it (same with trees, etc).

Electric mowers are the way. It works for my half acre

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Had to fly to Denver to pick up projectors for the Austin drive in and holy moly the number of weed shops is staggering. 

You should of seen all the illegal ones that were near me before legalization. Some stores were shutdown and raided by police, only to open back up sometimes a few hours later/next day. Now with legalization my little city is already up to 11 or 13 stores. First year of legalization we only had 1 or 2 stores, but that was because of supply/gov control over licenses.

My wife might have Grave's Disease (permanent hyperthyroidism). She received a very powerful MS treatment in 2018 and 2019 called Alemtuzumab, and one of the major side effects is a 40% chance of thyroid complications 3-10 years later (the chance was not considered that high when she received the treatment, but she knew of it, and the treatment was still worth it to her considering she has halted her MS progression since then). Well, we're 3.5 years out (with monthly blood tests), and her counts have plummeted to "below low panic level." 

Realistically, this is a manageable condition (anti-thyroid medications, radioactive iodine treatments, or even surgical removal of the thyroid), but it's something we'll have to deal with quickly before any damage is done. My worry is that because the healthcare system is only slowly recovering from COVID-19, getting in to see an Endocrinologist will take a bit due to the massive backlog. Fuck everyone who didn't take the pandemic seriously.

• Sad 4

lol, I just read the tracking history on my Costco order thinking the top was the starting point not the most recent point and was befuddled why they were driving the thing all the way from Los Angeles to Hillsboro, OR just to send it back to Santa Monica. I understand the whole logistics logic with shipping things in the wrong direction to get to the main sorting hubs but even with that in mind I was really confused. :lol:

image.pngimage.png

• Haha 1

I've started looking at MBA programs...Ultimately it's what I should do, because a degree in philosophy and psychology is only going to take me so far, but god damn is the price tag hard to stomach. And I'm not even looking at the most expensive ones! 

• Like 1

My ex sent me a dollar on Venmo and put in the payment notes that she wants advice from me and didn't know how else to contact me (I guess she's figured out that I've blocked her on phone, email, Whatsapp, etc). This is the ex I was posting about last year where the breakup was really shitty and she showed up banging at my door late on a Friday or Saturday night and wouldn't go away until I threatened to call the cops on her.

In unrelated news it turns out that Venmo lets you block people.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Chris- said:

That’s cold man

After that time she showed up banging on my door it was obvious I needed to go hard no contact with her. After that I got a bitchy Whatsapp message from her about how she wanted to have the closure conversation but apparently I wasn't up for it. Which is is psycho levels of entitlement given that she's the one who broke up with me. But I probably would have eventually met up with her in person if she hadn't showed up banging on my door late at night.