~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

I nearly became a SoCal hospital overflow statistic this afternoon. Went to retrieve my laundry. Someone came out of the elevator maskless so I switched to the stairs. Then nearly smacked my head against the concrete wall of the stairwell slipping on the bottom step because the idiot cleaning people hosed down the painted interior walkways and stairwells and then never mopped up the stairwell I was using. Thankfully managed to not hit my head or only lightly tapping it by catching the railing but just zero traction. Landed flat on my ass and probably would have smacked the back of my head without catching the railing and putting out my other hand behind me, and the paint+water combination was so bad that it took me several tries to find a good enough footing to get back up.

I've had a concussion before and while I'm pretty sure I didn't get one based on comparing how listless and dazed I was after getting that one a few years ago to how I feel now, I'm now of course obsessing about the headache I have and whether it was there before the slip and fall (only slept like 4 hours last night, which could also explain the headache).

rKXEG7B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had one of the craziest storms of my life here last night. Complete blizzard, and sustained winds of 112km/h with gusts up to 143hm/h. That's 90% of the way to Cat 1 hurricane force. Lightning spotted in the north end of my city during it, and lots of damage and snowed-in communities this morning. I got very little sleep, it raged over the entire night. Highways completely closed in much of the southern province:

KHsCTzp.jpg

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's not like it's a placenta there are listicles on what to do with it after it is removed

When I worked as a research coordinator at a hem/onc clinic, the surgeon forgot to bring the appropriate sample collection equipment with him into the suite. So after he cut out the patient’s tumor, he had someone bring it out to me in a surgical glove he tied off. So I had to carry this subject’s tumor to the path lab through the hospital in a bloody fucking glove, holding it out at arm’s length because I wasn’t 100% sure that all the blood was on the inside. The pathologists looked at me like I was a serial killer, for which I cannot entirely blame them, and then when I told them who the surgeon was they all just sighed. Clearly something like this had happened before. So that was great.

Anyway my point is if you asked your surgeon to drop your appendix into a Dunkin cup or something, there’s at least a 33% chance you could have made it happen.

• Haha 2