Sign in to follow this  
silentbob

Television The Umbrella Academy

If you haven’t watched yet on Netflix, I highly recommend doing so. Not your typical superhero show as everyone is just mentally fucked up one way or another. Great cast and some pretty good VFX too, especially for Pogo. Hopefully Netflix will announce a 2nd season being picked up soon. Also cool to see local spots near me being used in the show. The big action scene in the 2nd episode was a Target store I use to service with Pepsi before Target went belly up. Just go and watch already

The thread name and the thumbnail pic of the video made me think this was a low-budget spoof of Resident Evil in some way, lol

But yea, the trailer looks neat. I'll check it out =)

I'm also about halfway through and enjoying it... but it feels very derivative of a lot of different things... that said, the things it's being derivative of are all pretty good so... (Watchmen, Preacher, Legion instantly leap to mind)

I feel like it might be trying a little too hard to be an artsy artsy super hero show and can't quite stick the landing... but it's still very entertaining.

I also find it funny that one of the kids from that stupid kids show Ricky, Dicky, Nicky and Dawn or whatever is one of the main protagonists. I couldn't figure out where I knew him from and when I looked it up it made me laugh. My kids used to like that show. I showed a bit of a scene to my older son and was all like, hey check it out, Nicky is killing a room full of thugs with knives and various other weapons. Fun!

Worth a watch for the soundtrack alone.