Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC - Information Thread, update - $10 each for 1-4 and Reach, $5 for ODST

Commissar SFLUFAN

24 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I mean ODST costs $5 for anyone that buys MCC (outside of people that bought and played within the first 3 months). Now that its just included in the PC launch it doesn't surprise me that Reach will cost money. 

I got ODST for free so I wasn’t aware :p 

41 minutes ago, Stickey said:

Reach should be free. What makes them think they have an actual gold product to actually sell? If the standards is the way this game originally launched, then expect to pay for something they will get around to later. Thanks 343!

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but the 360 game is BC and it was a GWG previously so it kinda should be free as an update IMO, especially since there are still issues with MCC afaik.

Anyway, I'm honestly just excited to play Reach in 4k at 60-120fps :daydream: 

Lol, I was super pumped for this game to come out. All I wanted to play was H2 multi since I was super hardcore about the game back in the day. So yeah, super pumped for over a year, get the game and its broken, thought to myself, they should have it up in a few hours, hours became days, days became weeks and weeks became months. All in that time Microsoft lowed the price of the game in half, gave us "free" content to make up for the disaster, and guess what! The game is still broken and they want to sell more! No. Yes I know, the salt is deep on this one. 

Some things from the reddit AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/b2yhk8/mcc_pc_halo_reach_and_halo_insider_ama/

- You'll have to purchase titles one by one or just wait to buy them all once the whole collection is released 

- FOV sliders will be a game by game basis

- Shooting for unlimited cap frame rate, but no guarantees 

- Custom games browser is still up in the air

- They are looking into "official" mods and are talking with the eldewrito team. Won't be released at launch

- All Reach customization will be there, but earning that gear might change a little bit from the original release

- Progress will carry over from console to PC

- Dedicated servers is a "goal"

- Ruffian (Crackdown 2, MCC, Crackdown 3) Splash Damage (Gears, Doom 3, Wolfenstein multiplayer) are helping develop 

- Planned supporting Windowed Mode, 21:9, 16:9, 16:10, 3:2, 4:3

21 minutes ago, Nokt said:

- You'll have to purchase titles one by one or just wait to buy them all once the whole collection is released 

... what? So, they're not releasing all 6 games at once...? That's f'n stupid if true and doesn't make it a "collection" of any sort minus that they'll all launch through the same .exe file. I like the idea of just buying what you want instead of needing to buy all of them, but not releasing them all at once is beyond dumb... But, I'd be skipping Halo 4 for sure if it saves me even $1 :p 

- Shooting for unlimited cap frame rate, but no guarantees 

If there's a cap, it better be 60fps and not 30. :| 

- Progress will carry over from console to PC

This makes sense for the Windows Store version, but how would this work on Steam? Does/can Steam link with an XBL account? If not, I'll probably just get it on Windows Store.

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

... what? So, they're not releasing all 6 games at once...? That's f'n stupid if true and doesn't make it a "collection" of any sort minus that they'll all launch through the same .exe file. I like the idea of just buying what you want instead of needing to buy all of them, but not releasing them all at once is beyond dumb... But, I'd be skipping Halo 4 for sure if it saves me even $1 :p 

If there's a cap, it better be 60fps and not 30. :| 

This makes sense for the Windows Store version, but how would this work on Steam? Does/can Steam link with an XBL account? If not, I'll probably just get it on Windows Store.

In order to make sure that they "get this right" they are focusing one game at a time and holding "flights" (I posted a link above to join) to test the game so players can provide feedback and bugs can get squashed. Instead of making everyone wait for every single game to get tested before release you can buy the games as they become available. Starting with the chronological order of when the game occurred in the Halo timeline, so Reach > CE > 2 > 3 > 4.

Considering MCC runs at (mostly) 60 I don't see why they would cap it below that.

Since it requires Xbox Live on steam you'll probably have to sign into your Xbox account like in the game or something of that nature.

4 hours ago, Nokt said:

In order to make sure that they "get this right" they are focusing one game at a time and holding "flights" (I posted a link above to join) to test the game so players can provide feedback and bugs can get squashed. Instead of making everyone wait for every single game to get tested before release you can buy the games as they become available. Starting with the chronological order of when the game occurred in the Halo timeline, so Reach > CE > 2 > 3 > 4.

Considering MCC runs at (mostly) 60 I don't see why they would cap it below that.

Since it requires Xbox Live on steam you'll probably have to sign into your Xbox account like in the game or something of that nature.

Hey, as long as Reach is first :p 

7 hours ago, Stickey said:

@Nokt Has anyone asked if super bouncing will be put back in? That could get my moneys.

Super bouncing still exists somewhat, it just doesn't work how it did in the original. 

I haven't tried but from what I've seen you have to jump from a lot higher distances. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Halo Reach on PC plays pretty much like you'd expect (and that's a good thing) - PC World

And while Halo Reach still looks like a 2010 game even on PC, the increased resolution and improved antialiasing certainly make it look crisper and cleaner than it ever did before. There are occasionally some muddy-looking textures, especially one close-up shot of the inside of a Warthog during the “Tempest Perimeter” intro cutscene. Those felt few and far between though, and while playing I didn’t really notice much except “Yeah, it looks a few years old now.”

• 3 weeks later...

Straight from Waypoint

Good Morning,It has come to our attention that the Halo Insider flight has been illegally distributed online. If you download or play this illegal copy, we have the right to ban all associated accounts and remove you from all current or future 343 programs. The Microsoft Service Agreement can be found here.Cheers,

Postums

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Lol

That’s seriously an empty threat since they wouldn’t be able to track your gamertag just from bit torrent.

You have to sign in with your xbox live account to play the leaked beta.