Phoenix Point (turn-based tactics system title from original XCOM creator Julian Gollop) is now an Epic store exclusive for 1 year.

Zaku3

5 minutes ago, Slug said:

I mean, weren't lots of crowdfunded games steam only?  Or was Phoenix Point originally multi-storefront then changed to Epic only?

Steam and GOG. Now it's Epic only. The rewards from crowdfunding was a GOG or Steam key. They are giving the option of being refunded or getting an Epic key with 1 year of DLC support. 

18 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Time to exercise that refund option!

In hind sight I will probably just skip it at this point. Be a dick move to buy in the game in the face of them screwing over backers. Perhaps when it comes to Steam finally. I am probably still gonna be addicted to Hearts of Iron 4 by then anyway. 

Where will I be able to play Phoenix Point on PC and Mac? Will the game ever be released on Steam, GOG.com or through other third-party outlets?

Part of our arrangement with Epic is a one year-exclusivity period on PC and Mac through the Epic Games Store. One year after release, we’ll be able to distribute the game through other third-party stores, such as Steam and GOG.com. All backers up to this point will also STILL receive a Steam or GOG key after the 1 year exclusivity period.

Updated FAQ. After the Metro fiasco, Epic wants zero Steam keys out there. 

Seems like such a shitty thing to do to your backers who expected Steam and GOG keys after they helped fund your development cost.

I wanted to like the Epic store for increased competition, and maybe all this will be forgotten in a couple years, but I'm going to hold out on using the Epic launcher for as long as I can.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

As a Fig investor, you only profit off sales so you see none of the Fortnite money and all of the zero sales on EGS. 

:cheers:

Untrue. All investors should have gotten a message letting them know they'll be getting something from the Epic deal.

2 hours ago, AshsToAshs said:

Untrue. All investors should have gotten a message letting them know they'll be getting something from the Epic deal.

When the announcement was made this was not mentioned. It is unclear if this was originally part of the plan. 

Welcome to the competition you've been loudly clamoring for, folks! Weird, it's almost like despite the endless bitching about the service, Steam has been a relatively pro-consumer place for a long time and anyone who thought about it for half a second would've seen this as a critical step in "competition." Which, remember, is ALWAYS good. Now Sony's just gotta buy Take-Two, MS can buy From Software and no one will learn anything.