American Gods S2

Season finale aired last night, and it was really good. The show is basically back on track adapting the book. 

Almost all B+'s or higher. This was a legit good season of TV. I recommend everyone watch, and the show is better binged than watched week to week anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, that's the end. A shame - season 2 was better than people said and season 3 was genuinely good. We were 2/3's of the way through adapting the book too (which the latter half of season 3 course corrected to get back to)! Only really needed one more season: 

American-Gods-Canceled.jpg
WWW.SLASHFILM.COM

After three troubled seasons, Starz has canceled American Gods. There may or may not be a movie to wrap things up.

Hopefully the TV movie happens, but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I finished season 3 yesterday. What an absolute waste of potential series. Way more style than substance and you could easily cut a 3rd of the screen time and lose nothing.

It's biggest issue was definitely creating filler to extend the book materials length for multiple seasons of TV. But they were getting there. 

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Is it still worth watching? I recently watched Warrior, which ends with massive blue balls, but it's still worth watching. Basically if a show is good enough, I don't care if it ends on a cliffhanger.

I disagree with @elbobo and I definitely think it's worth it. A lot of cool style and I think the show is very binge-able, probably better binged than watched week to week. Neil Gaiman has now come out and said that the owners of the show, Fremantle, will continue on so there's hope yet. I say give it a chance. It's not a perfect show by any means but its cooler than a lot that's out there.