Update: Netflix's "Dragon's Dogma" anime series to debut 17 September 2020

Amongst Others

Netflix, the world’s leading internet entertainment service, has entered into partnerships with Anima, Sublimation. and David Production. On top of Netflix’s earlier deals with Production I.G and bones in 2018.

These production houses and Netflix will jointly create original anime series including the animated series Altered Carbon: Resleeved from Anima. Altered Carbon is based on Netflix’s original live action science fiction series whose first season launched in February of 2018 and for which a second season is currently in production. Netflix will also partner with Sublimation on Dragon’s Dogma, an original anime series based on the critically acclaimed video game of the same name. Lastly, Netflix will jointly create SPRIGGAN, based on a manga series, with David Production.

These titles join two series that will be produced by Production I.G and bones. They are Production I.G’s Ghost in the Shell: SAC _2045, premiering on Netflix in 2020; and WIT STUDIO’s,Vampire in the Garden. Bones will produce Super Crooks, based on the comic book created by writer Mark Millar and artist Leinil Francis Yu.

9 hours ago, Bacon said:

There is only one thing they need to get right. The Pawn. There is one style of Pawn that is far for prevalent than the others, and it would be a shame if the anime didn't reflect this.

The short girl? That was my pawn. She was a beast too. I never finished the Dark Arisen expansion and really need to at some point.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The short girl? That was my pawn. She was a beast too. I never finished the Dark Arisen expansion and really need to at some point.

Little girl Mage Pawn. That was fucking everyone's pawn. 

Netflix just announced a Spriggan anime series as well. So it looks like they're getting more comfortable with Japanese IP's now, which hopefully doesn't crash and burn on them cuz I've been waiting a long time for Spriggan to get some sort of update, let alone the chance of other passed over anime titles that don't get any love these days (VHD, for instance)

2 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Netflix just announced a Spriggan anime series as well. So it looks like they're getting more comfortable with Japanese IP's now, which hopefully doesn't crash and burn on them cuz I've been waiting a long time for Spriggan to get some sort of update, let alone the chance of other passed over anime titles that don't get any love these days (VHD, for instance) 

I remember that was hot shit back in the day but I never got around to seeing it because I got burned on so many Anime VHS tapes. :p

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember that was hot shit back in the day but I never got around to seeing it because I got burned on so many Anime VHS tapes. :p

The action was good, but the story was slow. I absolutely loved the use of 'out of place objects' as the mcguffin for everyone to fight over, so 20 years later it might be more of "check it out just to say you've seen it"-type movie if you have no other links to it anyways

• 1 year later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, NeoJoe said:

I was obsessed with that game for so long. If this can somehow pull off what Castlevania has done, then I'm all in.

I fninally got around to watching this and like the game it's MUCH better than I expected. VERY well produced, animated and acted with solid voice acting (In ENGLISH even!)I really enjoyed this and it makes me want to go back and play the game some more. I beat the base game but never beat the expansion.