Tucker Carlson and Bubba the Love Sponge

I think it is pretty clear at this point that the best tactic is defiance. It worked for Trump. It seems to be working in Virginia too. For the actual decent folks, apologies don’t matter, track records of change don’t matter. Just say you don’t care and you will probably survive until the outrage machine finds the next target.

7 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Nothing will happen to him.

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, Fox has gone so far down the sewer, thus won't affect him. It's shameful.

He knows he's safe because he won't even attempt a half assed apology. 

I do agree that we've seen that not apologizing and/or just winging it seems to help a lot.

But out of curiosity, what changed between 2016 and 2017 when several commentators stepped down and filed lawsuits against Fox, Bill O'Reilly (who was in the same time slot as Tucker) was ousted, and Roger freaking Ailes was ousted, and now? Because Fox was the same piece of shit then as it is now.

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm guessing because Bill and Roger were costing them money with the lawsuits?

And Bill Shine? And Eric Bolling?

Is Tucker Carlson the God Amongst Men who's immune from repercussions for something he does who wouldn't cost them money if people sued?

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

And Bill Shine? And Eric Bolling?

Is Tucker Carlson the God Amongst Men who's immune from repercussions for something he does who wouldn't cost them money if people sued?

Who is going to sue because Carlson said gross things on a radio show? Or did I miss some additional detail?

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Who is going to sue because Carlson said gross things on a radio show? Or did I miss some additional detail?

Yes: the detail that he's not immune from punishment, and given the atmosphere at Fox, I'm not convinced any man there hasn't touch a woman's boob without permission.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Yes: the detail that he's not immune from punishment, and given the atmosphere at Fox, I'm not convinced any man there hasn't touch a woman's boob without permission.

The only meaningful punishment any of these on-air personalities get is to be fired. What has been the consistent reason for Fox firing people? Fox being on the hook for lawsuits. 

Tucker isn’t making Fox the target of a lawsuit by saying terrible things on a radio show a decade ago.

The only meaningful punishment any of these on-air personalities get is to be fired. What has been the consistent reason for Fox firing people? Fox being on the hook for lawsuits. 

Tucker isn’t making Fox the target of a lawsuit by saying terrible things on a radio show a decade ago.

You are missing my point by a mile, friend.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

You are missing my point by a mile, friend.

No kidding, I have no idea what you’re talking about. That is why I asked a question. Re-read the thing I originally quoted...it may not even be English :p

No kidding, I have no idea what you’re talking about. That is why I asked a question. Re-read the thing I originally quoted...it may not even be English :p

I answered your question, and don't blame me for misunderstanding simple English. :p 

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

The answer is nothing's changed, so Tucker could potentially get fucked (not literally since it's Tucker) from this or another scandal.

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Hope that helps.

It really doesn’t. You brought up people who all were accused of sexual harassment and made Fox the subject of lawsuits. Carlson, to this point in the story, has just said terrible things that wouldn’t make Fox the subject of a lawsuit. What are examples of people at Fox being fired or otherwise punished for saying terrible things?

Laura Ingram made fun of a school shooting survivor not getting into the college he wanted, Fox didn’t punish her, and the ratings on her show went up in response to the whole thing. 

It really doesn’t. You brought up people who all were accused of sexual harassment and made Fox the subject of lawsuits. Carlson, to this point in the story, has just said terrible things that wouldn’t make Fox the subject of a lawsuit. What are examples of people at Fox being fired or otherwise punished for saying terrible things?

Laura Ingram made fun of a school shooting survivor not getting into the college he wanted, Fox didn’t punish her, and the ratings on her show went up in response to the whole thing. 

Stacey Dash, actually. And Dick Morris was fired for being comically wrong.

Though that's still not the point even after I put it in bold. 

Yes, the bolded parts are pointless because literally anybody could possibly in the future get in trouble for something they may have done that we don’t know about. Good call, worth posting for sure.