Ethiopian Airlines flight bound for Nairobi crashes, all 157 on board killed

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Wtf is he babbling about? Older is better? Airplanes are safer than ever you doofus.

I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said—and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said, “What system are you going to be—” “Sir, we’re staying with digital.” I said, “No you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/trump-wants-goddamned-steam-not-digital-catapults-on-aircraft-carriers/526386/

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Wtf is he babbling about? Older is better? Airplanes are safer than ever you doofus.

I think he's "commenting" (aka releasing diarrhea of the mouth) on the fact that airplanes are becoming more and more computerized. But obviously, except for some very catastrophic exceptions, this is making them safer. 

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

I think he's "commenting" (aka releasing diarrhea of the mouth) on the fact that airplanes are becoming more and more computerized. But obviously, except for some very catastrophic exceptions, this is making them safer. 

But you have to be Albert Einstein to understand the digital! It costs millions of dollars more money and is no good! 

46 minutes ago, kittykat said:

I literally just got off a max 8 like an hour and a half ago. My dad picked me up and asked what plane it was. He told me that there was a crash and turned on the news radio and it immediately was saying all these airlines are grounding this plane. 

Not mine apparently. And I lived so, that’s cool. 

West Jet or Air Canada? Besides being on one last week to and from SF via Air Canada, I realized i’ve been on one 2 times last year. :( 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kittykat said:

I’m so glad I narrowly missed this. I feel bad for all the people who will have flight delays now and have to deal with that headache. 

I'm taking a Southwest flight next month. SWA's entire fleet is 737's. Hopefully this all gets sorted out by then. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Not sure.  It's a Portland to Las Vegas flight.  I think the last time I took that flight it was an older 737.

I think if you have a flight on a Max, that it'll give you a banner alerting you to the option when you open up the reservation on the website.

2 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

You can check on your itinerary what type of jet is assigned.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how to check it directly from the itinerary, but you can definitely check by starting the process of booking a flight for the same days and then seeing what's assigned to the specific flight number(s). Example:

image.png

4 hours ago, kittykat said:

Sunwing. My first and last time flying with them btw lol. 

Ah yeah. I've used them once before and found it a mess. A company booked our flights with them to go to/from vegas for CES. The flight down was sort of ok but the flight back was horrible because nobody came around to open the ticket counter till like 1.5 hours before takeoff and we had a lot of equipment to check in. =|