Jump to content

(Real) antisemitism rising in Europe


Recommended Posts

There is a big racism \ antisemitism problem in Poland.  I teach advanced English in some companies here, and last week one of the lessons called for a debate on overseas aid to Africa.  One student, a guy in his late 20s with a good job, said it was a waste of money sending aid to Africa, because Africans are lazy.  I put him on the spot by saying Elon Musk was born in Africa, and he isn't lazy. 

 

The student's response....   'I don't mean people like that, I mean black people'.

 

Several other students around the table nodded in agreement, I was really shocked.  That comment would never fly in an office environment in the UK, here it was just accepted without question.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

There is a big racism \ antisemitism problem in Poland.  I teach advanced English in some companies here, and last week one of the lessons called for a debate on overseas aid to Africa.  One student, a guy in his late 20s with a good job, said it was a waste of money sending aid to Africa, because Africans are lazy.  I put him on the spot by saying Elon Musk was born in Africa, and he isn't lazy. 

 

The student's response....   'I don't mean people like that, I mean black people'.

 

Several other students around the table nodded in agreement, I was really shocked.  That comment would never fly in an office environment in the UK, here it was just accepted without question.

 

 

Isn't it interesting how "they're lazy" is the attack always used on people regardless of who is doing it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

There is a big racism \ antisemitism problem in Poland.  I teach advanced English in some companies here, and last week one of the lessons called for a debate on overseas aid to Africa.  One student, a guy in his late 20s with a good job, said it was a waste of money sending aid to Africa, because Africans are lazy.  I put him on the spot by saying Elon Musk was born in Africa, and he isn't lazy. 

 

The student's response....   'I don't mean people like that, I mean black people'.

 

Several other students around the table nodded in agreement, I was really shocked.  That comment would never fly in an office environment in the UK, here it was just accepted without question.

 

 

Dont people in Britain like the call out Polish migrants for being lazy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Dont people in Britain like the call out Polish migrants for being lazy?

That's the stereotype here in Germany, too, is that Poles are lazy and incompetent. Everyone needs someone to shit on, I guess. :silly:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

There is a big racism \ antisemitism problem in Poland.  I teach advanced English in some companies here, and last week one of the lessons called for a debate on overseas aid to Africa.  One student, a guy in his late 20s with a good job, said it was a waste of money sending aid to Africa, because Africans are lazy.  I put him on the spot by saying Elon Musk was born in Africa, and he isn't lazy. 

 

The student's response....   'I don't mean people like that, I mean black people'.

 

Several other students around the table nodded in agreement, I was really shocked.  That comment would never fly in an office environment in the UK, here it was just accepted without question.

 

 

Anyone else think Everyman would have enjoyed being a student in this class? :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Nokra said:

That's the stereotype here in Germany, too, is that Poles are lazy and incompetent. Everyone needs someone to shit on, I guess. :silly:

Polaks have been a go to group to shit on for a long while. I’ve never been to Europe, but I grew up hearing Polak jokes. It was so bad when I was a kid my dad told me I am a quarter polish, and I got offended. Lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...