Michael Jackson Episode of The Simpsons Being Pulled From All Platforms

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Having been through a long series of courses to be a state certified chaperone for guys convicted of sex crimes against kids, everything in the documentary rang very true. I think a lot of you guys have some misunderstandings of how predators groom and how victims can respond. Getting child sex abuse victims to turn against their abusers is incredibly difficult because the abusers spend sometimes *years* setting the stage for the abuse, creating false realities of care for the child by the abuser.

As someone who was close to being fondled and having a brother who was fondled by our Uncle I can attest to this. 

Again, I'm torn by the whole Michael Jackson thing but I have to ask the question, at what point is a person who is accused of of a crime absolved of the crime they're accused of? This guy was thoroughly investigated and was found Innocent and this "documentary" went in with it's mind already made up as to what it wanted to say. It's definitely biased and the director doesn't even deny it. We can all play internet psychologists/detectives but at the end of the day, none of us know definitively what happened and for me, there's enough reasonable doubt here with what I DO know to not convict a dead man posthumously. Conversely,  there is some compelling circumstantial evidence to point towards guilt with Michael as well but again... I don't know. Safechuck is definitely a more believable witness to me than Robson.

In the case of sexual abuse where the victim and perpetrator know each other, there is rarely evidence of the abuse besides the testimony of the victim. We ultimately have to weigh the credibility of the accused and the accuser because their respective version of events are the only evidence in the majority of cases.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

In the case of sexual abuse where the victim and perpetrator know each other, there is rarely evidence of the abuse besides the testimony of the victim. We ultimately have to weigh the credibility of the accused and the accuser because their respective version of events are the only evidence in the majority of cases.

Well if you're going by credibility of the accusers vs the accused then it creates more problems for the accusers because both said under oath nothing happened to them. For me, it was less about what they said and more about what they showed. Those phone messages and faxes from Michael were more damning to me than anything either accuser said.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well if you're going by credibility of the accusers vs the accused then it creates more problems for the accusers because both said under oath nothing happened to them. For me, it was less about what they said and more about what they showed. Those phone messages and faxes from Michael were more damning to me than anything either accuser said.

A lot of women with black eyes will say they tripped and hit a door knob too when they feel trapped in a relationship. When they get out and are free of the threat of violence or other repercussions, they are more likely to tell the truth.

It is all very complex and there is no right answer for the question of credibility, it’s up to each individual person to hear what the parties have to say and make their best judgement.

I don’t find the denial of impropriety by a grown man throwing pajama parties with little boys particularly convincing because a grown many throwing pajama parties with little boys is bad enough :p 

‘The Simpsons’ Boss Al Jean: Michael Jackson Used the Show to ‘Groom Boys’

The ‘Simpsons’ showrunner opens up to Marlow Stern about why they removed their Michael Jackson episode, the Fox-Disney merger, satirizing Trump, and much more.

The very first episode of Season 3, “Stark Raving Dad,” featuring the voice of Michael Jackson made some news recently when it was revealed that you decided to remove the episode after watching the Jackson documentary Leaving Neverland. That must have been a difficult decision for you, seeing as you wrote it and it was your first episode at the reins.

Yes. It wasn’t something that makes me happy. It’s something I agree with completely. What saddens me is, if you watch that documentary—which I did, and several of us here did—and you watch that episode, honestly, it looks like the episode was used by Michael Jackson for something other than what we’d intended it. It wasn’t just a comedy to him, it was something that was used as a tool. And I strongly believe that. That, to me, is my belief, and it’s why I think removing it is appropriate. I lose a little bit of money financially, it’s not something that’s great personally to lose one of the most successful things I ever did, but I totally think it’s the right move. I don’t believe in going through and making judgments on every guest star and saying “this one was bad, that one was bad,” but the episode itself has a false purpose, and that’s what I object to about it now.

And the false purpose was what?

I think it was part of what he used to groom boys. I really don’t know, and I should be very careful because this is not something I know personally, but as far as what I think, that’s what I think. And that makes me very, very sad.

That...isn't exactly a compelling reason for pulling the episode. And that headline is WILDLY misleading on the strength of the claim being made.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

For reeeeaaaals. The headline makes it sound like the episode was featured in the documentary or called out specifically. Terrible.