Diablo now avaialble on GOG

Pikachu

https://www.gog.com/news/release_diablo

Blizzard Entertainment and GOG.COM have teamed up to rerelease select classic Blizzard games, beginning with Diablo®, Blizzard’s legendary 1996 action role-playing game that introduced players to the harsh—and deeply rewarding—world of Sanctuary.

The original Diablo® is available now via digital distribution for the first time ever on GOG.COM. Players looking for the authentic Diablo experience can play the game as it was in 1996, with period-appropriate 20 FPS SVGA graphics, and the ability to matchmake through the classic version of Blizzard’s Battle.net® online-gaming service.

Blizzard and GOG.COM have collaborated on an updated version of the game, which includes out-of-the-box Windows 10 compatibility, and a host of bug fixes. Players can choose either version of the game from a launcher.

1 hour ago, noey jerd said:

My first experience with Diablo was on the Playstation. I gotta admit.. I didn't like it at the time. Maybe one day I'll give it another try cause I love 2 and 3.

Theres no reason to really go back to diablo 1, it was great for its days but, diablo 2 is essentially the same game but with sprinting and just a lot more to do.

44 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Theres no reason to really go back to diablo 1, it was great for its days but, diablo 2 is essentially the same game but with sprinting and just a lot more to do. 

Diablo 2 pretty much builds upon everything that Diablo 1 started and makes it better.

I wouldn't go as far to say there isn't a reason to go back though, the game is fun its own rights. Personally its my favorite game in the series, even if I objectively think D2 is better in almost every way.

Diablo 1 feels like a horror novel written about a little town out in the middle of nowhere. The butcher actually has like a sense of dread and tenseness to it. Nothing in D2 really feels like that. I feel like Diablo 2 just turn into a super hero game with a horror setting.