Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stepee

Nintendo Nintendo announces Switch VR

Recommended Posts

I have a couple of nephews in the Labo age-range. They'd be pretty into this.

 

Also, I love that Labo has been a thing for nearly a year and there are still gamer's butthurt over how they aren't good enough for serious gamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

39 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

9uKr2eC.png

Kids are into the darnedest things these days.

 

I know, right? At least we had style :p

 

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:


Way better than a bird's anus, IMO.

 

That's what I'm sayin'. I mean there were some Disney off-shoots that made your face look like Mickey Mouse, but at least we never had to put face up to Donald's ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:facepalm:

ugg to now spend the days before release hearing people talk how amazing this is and that others just don’t get it. Then for it to release and do fuck all in the market and parent saying their kids don’t care after a week. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

 

I don't care whether you "get it" or you don't, the fact that you have to hold it up is the most stupid fucking Nintendo design decision. Of COURSE you have to hold it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

:lol:

 

I don't care whether you "get it" or you don't, the fact that you have to hold it up is the most stupid fucking Nintendo design decision. Of COURSE you have to hold it up.

 

They looked back at virtual boy and figured “let’s try again!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems like a why not, as apposed to a serious endeavor. Its hard to take seriously, but then again, I think its more a thing of whimsy than a serious pillar of their gaming strategy. Its Amusing if nothing else!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, chakoo said:

:facepalm:

ugg to now spend the days before release hearing people talk how amazing this is and that others just don’t get it. Then for it to release and do fuck all in the market and parent saying their kids don’t care after a week. :/

 

I don't think you have to worry about it this time! Labo was a neat idea but half baked VR isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Google Cardboard is now Nintendo Cardboard. I'm interested in this and thought it would happen. I'm concerned this will not be a good VR experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

 

I don't think you have to worry about it this time! Labo was a neat idea but half baked VR isn't.

You haven’t read resetera then, lol 

:/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's cheap and kids will have fun with it for a while.  It's not going to be a great VR experience for the obvious reasons.  

 

A Switch pro, with a bit more power and a better screen could make it work though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing what VR looks like on a screen as nice as the iPhone's, I can only imagine how terrible it's going to look on the Switches much much lower res screen.

 

It's going to look like you're playing a blurry mess through a screen door smeared with vaseline...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 9:54 AM, chakoo said:

You haven’t read resetera then, lol 

:/

I have seen plenty of negative reactions there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, ort said:

Seeing what VR looks like on a screen as nice as the iPhone's, I can only imagine how terrible it's going to look on the Switches much much lower res screen.

 

It's going to look like you're playing a blurry mess through a screen door smeared with vaseline...

I imagine they'll keep it looking extraordinarily simple to keep the framerate up and to try and fight the fact that their screen doesn't look amazing at normal viewing distances, let alone with giant magnifying glasses popped on it, with your eyes like an inch from the screen.

 

I do like how this absolute garbage gets a free pass because it's for kids, like kids are too stupid to enjoy a good product or deserve to use underwhelming crap or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 7:23 AM, Xbob42 said:

I do like how this absolute garbage gets a free pass because it's for kids, like kids are too stupid to enjoy a good product or deserve to use underwhelming crap or something.

 

Spoken like someone who has never spent a single second around a child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

 

Spoken like someone who has never spent a single second around a child. 

As a father of a 4-year-old girl, I can most assuredly tell you she greatly prefers the "good" VR of Job Simulator Oculus over any phone shit I've tried to distract her with.

 

Just like if you were a child and someone replaced your copy of Super Mario Bros. with Giana Sisters. This idea that kids can't recognize quality at all is absurd. Sure, if your kid knows only of this form of VR then it's fine. But yo momma got you way better games than Giana Sisters when you asked for them! ...usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Whelp, goodbye PSVR. Nintendo just stole your lunch! 

 

I'd hope you're being sarcastic but I'm like 99% sure you're not... :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

 

I'd hope you're being sarcastic but I'm like 99% sure you're not... :p 

Better get your sarcasm detector fixed! :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...