Nintendo announces Switch VR

stepee

37 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

:lol:

I don't care whether you "get it" or you don't, the fact that you have to hold it up is the most stupid fucking Nintendo design decision. Of COURSE you have to hold it up.

They looked back at virtual boy and figured “let’s try again!”

On 3/7/2019 at 1:11 AM, chakoo said:

:facepalm:

ugg to now spend the days before release hearing people talk how amazing this is and that others just don’t get it. Then for it to release and do fuck all in the market and parent saying their kids don’t care after a week. :/

I don't think you have to worry about it this time! Labo was a neat idea but half baked VR isn't.

Seeing what VR looks like on a screen as nice as the iPhone's, I can only imagine how terrible it's going to look on the Switches much much lower res screen.

It's going to look like you're playing a blurry mess through a screen door smeared with vaseline...

On 3/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, ort said:

Seeing what VR looks like on a screen as nice as the iPhone's, I can only imagine how terrible it's going to look on the Switches much much lower res screen.

It's going to look like you're playing a blurry mess through a screen door smeared with vaseline...

I imagine they'll keep it looking extraordinarily simple to keep the framerate up and to try and fight the fact that their screen doesn't look amazing at normal viewing distances, let alone with giant magnifying glasses popped on it, with your eyes like an inch from the screen.

I do like how this absolute garbage gets a free pass because it's for kids, like kids are too stupid to enjoy a good product or deserve to use underwhelming crap or something.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:23 AM, Xbob42 said:

I do like how this absolute garbage gets a free pass because it's for kids, like kids are too stupid to enjoy a good product or deserve to use underwhelming crap or something.

Spoken like someone who has never spent a single second around a child. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Spoken like someone who has never spent a single second around a child. 

As a father of a 4-year-old girl, I can most assuredly tell you she greatly prefers the "good" VR of Job Simulator Oculus over any phone shit I've tried to distract her with.

Just like if you were a child and someone replaced your copy of Super Mario Bros. with Giana Sisters. This idea that kids can't recognize quality at all is absurd. Sure, if your kid knows only of this form of VR then it's fine. But yo momma got you way better games than Giana Sisters when you asked for them! ...usually.