Samurai Shodown - Information Thread, update: OpenCritic review compilation

skillzdadirecta

I wonder how many characters they will pull from the different installments or if this is just a pure SS1 remake? It's perfect with the SF4 style graphics. I also love the blood splatter on the characters after delivering a blow. Excited for this! :)

• 1 month later...

Here's a list of details of the different types of releases and info on the first Season pack. Also some HQ shots of the stages and characters in there. :)

And here's the latest full trailer showing off 3 of the new characters. Looks great! No mention of a combo system yet so I'm curious about that.

The art style is PERFECT for this game! The music and stages are beautiful! So excited! <3

59 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Genjuro was always bricked out. I'm assuming more fighters will be added as time goes on? There's some notable omissions in there.

From what we understand, the launch of the game will feature 16 characters (13 returning, 3 new) and then others being available later via DLC. 

No word on WHO those DLC characters are yet.

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

From what we understand, the launch of the game will feature 16 characters (13 returning, 3 new) and then others being available later via DLC. 

No word on WHO those DLC characters are yet.

Cool... I mean all three of my mains are already in but there's a couple of guys I used to like fighting :p Wan-Fu, Gen-an and those two fire and Ice guys from Sam Sho four. I mained Haohmaru, Nakoruru and Ukyo.

Cool video showcasing Nakoruru. I'm digging the blood splatter after what seems like a super move. From what I saw in another video the combat is meant to be slower with a mistake potentially costing you a ton of health. Modeling it after a real Samurai fight. I'm digging it. We have enough fast-paced 20+ combo games out there. I'm curious about their take.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...