Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Information Thread, update: Patch 1.11 released (patch notes posted)

Pikachu

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/28/horizon-zero-dawn-celebrates-second-anniversary-10-million-copies-sold-worldwide/

It’s hard to believe that two whole years have passed since we released Horizon Zero Dawn. When the game launched on February 28, I was attending GDC and counting down the minutes with a group of fellow Guerrillas and Shuhei Yoshida. Early feedback suggested that we had something special on our hands, but we never suspected that we’d still be receiving daily messages of appreciation from our players in 2019.

And yet, here we are, already well over 10 million copies sold worldwide; the idea that we were able to bring Aloy’s journey to so many players is astounding. We’ve been deeply moved by the enormous amount of fan creations you’ve posted online, as well as the heartfelt letters you’ve sent sharing your favorite moments from Aloy’s journey.

Also, unless it experienced a surge later, HZD surpassed Uncharted freaking 4. 

While the reviews and push for the game were big, "Killzone creator" making a game that surpassed a well-established franchise and said franchise's first game of the new generation is pretty fucking impressive.

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I was super hyped for it but it just slipped through the cracks for me. I should play it.

giphy.gif

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

still need to get back to it. I played the crap out of it, almost reaching the end, then got sidetracked and never went back....though I did snag the complete edition for 10 bucks last fall. Will the old save work with the complete edition? 

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Rodimus said:

That is good news. I picked my copy up last year. I need to get back to it after RE2 remake and maybe RDR2.

I got far in RDR2 and just got so damn burnt out by it.  So during some post holiday sale I got HZD and loaded it up.  Never looked back, I just love the game.  Just the polar opposite of RDR2 which was perfect for what I was craving.  Video gamey fun!  Silly but fascinating story, colourful landscape, and super fun combat!

• Like 1

@Captain Pickle I totally get that feeling of being overwhelmed with RDR2. I stopped playing Horizon when RDR2 came out. I was in the part where the game was opening up. the fights are fun and challenging so far. I might go back to that game before I get back to RDR2. Although since RDR2 takes up 90+ gigs in the install I feel a need to get that off my plate.

2 hours ago, Rodimus said:

@Captain Pickle I totally get that feeling of being overwhelmed with RDR2. I stopped playing Horizon when RDR2 came out. I was in the part where the game was opening up. the fights are fun and challenging so far. I might go back to that game before I get back to RDR2. Although since RDR2 takes up 90+ gigs in the install I feel a need to get that off my plate.

Fair nuff.  I think RDR2 is just too damn big that Horizon is the perfect breaker.  I'll go back and finish up RDR2 once I complete Horizon.  Horizon is the perfect size that I won't feel too lost when I return to RDR2.

I enjoyed what I played of Horizon. I put it down after 8 hours for no particular reason. There are just so many high quality open world games out there nowadays that it's hard to invest 50 hours into any one of them.

That all said, I am making this post so @SaysWho? will admonish/encourage me to start playing it again because I know he will :p

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I enjoyed what I played of Horizon. I put it down after 8 hours for no particular reason. There are just so many high quality open world games out there nowadays that it's hard to invest 50 hours into any one of them.

That all said, I am making this post so @SaysWho? will admonish/encourage me to start playing it again because I know he will :p

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I'd be interesting to see how a sequel turned out but I did not really enjoy my play through

1) The voice acting is so bad that I for the most part sped right through dialogue

2) The map was too big with little incentive to actually traverse all of it - I want to say I left probably 40% of map untouched

3) The underlying plot about how things came to be was interesting enough but everything else was a bore

But just my opinion :)

• 10 months later...