Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, chakoo said:

No photo but I picked up a JPN copy of snowboard kids on n64 for $10. So i’m quite happy with that one. :)

Next time I go back to Japan I'm going to bring a suitcase specifically for used games. Everything is so cheap and in such good condition. 

Got a Pokemon Green in box in really good condition for like $10-$15. 

4 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Nice Black case Castlevania SOTN, also boxed Zelda 3, and Sweet Home. All nice choices. Any story in finding these games?

Zelda was the only real story. We were actually in the game store up in Reno when it came in (along with a ton of other boxed titles that like that Zelda all looked damn near pristine). The girl asked us if we would be interested and I asked to look at it. Everything only looks like it has been taken out of the box a couple of times at best. I said "Sure, how much?" She told me well there are about 5-6 people in line ahead of me for a copy of Lint to the Past and I would have to be put on the end of the list.  Needless to say the people in line ahead of me only wanted a copy if it was cart only (didnt want to pay the mark up for the complete copy).  So 2 days later and another 150 mile trip to Reno (300 miles round-trip for our "local" game store), I stopped back in with my son. I get ready to buy it and my son goes to me and say "I just got paid. I want to buy my first retro game and start building my collection." I was proud as a father at that moment. He loves the series and this is a great start for his collection.  

Also I at least bought him the box protector for the game. 

24 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Firemen!!! Do you have the ps1 sequel yet?

No, at some point I will track it down. :( 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Nice pickups  @Littleronin  That is a nice version of Mickey Mania with the CD audio Soundtrack. What is that Disc Below it. I have been tempted to import the PlayStation version of Micky Mania

Final Fight CD. Sadly the box is most likely long gone from the world. :cry: Also I found a spare Saturn 3D controller. 

• 1 month later...

Haven't had much time to work on the collection this past few months, but I'm about to do a run through of the whole Pokémon series in preparation for Sword/Shield and I've never played this version. It's technically generation 1 so this is where I'm going to start. From there, I'll take these guys up to Gen V the old fashioned way and then throw everybody in the Pokémon Bank. This is probably the best boxed GBA game I've ever seen. It is immaculate. The guy has never taken it out of the wrapping it came in; he just cut a slit in the top. 

I love how shiny this case is, I may pick up Fire Red just to complete the set! I really don't want to start trying to collect boxed Pokémon games. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are pricey these days.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, KupoBitches said:

I have always loved that Ninja Gaiden cattridge art! @Rodimus

If you like that then check out this poster I got a while back with Ninja Gaiden for the Lynx. Granted not a good version but cool poster and the Lynx was my first handheld. I plan on hanging this in my Office. I just need a frame.

spacer.png

spacer.png

My Soul Edge PCB kit arrived today. <3  I was a little sad at first to pay so much for a Soul Edge Ver A PCB but it's totally worth it in the end with it having all the original extras which you rarely get when buying old arcade pcbs. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, Littleronin said:

Haven't done one in a bit. 

retro019.jpg

Shadow Squadron is one of my favorite hidden gems on the 32X.  I absolutely loved that game when it came out.  I played the co-op edition all the time with a friend.  I'd pilot and he'd be the gunner.  

It is an odd shape. It is like 22x14. The original owner of the house basically took the car port area and made it into a room. And due to that it has some oddities like a 16 foot section that is 3 feet deep that is a storage area. Leaving a section at that room that was an alcove that I put my desk for PC gaming and some shelves.