Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

Well I went in to buy California games for the Master System but ended up with all this. It was $30 per-console with controller cables, and a free game each. I want a backup Genesis. Sadly no High Definition Model 1. I have been wanting the cutie little PSOne. Now I just need to Screen for it and battery pack.

arR8mzT.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Littleronin said:

I dont know if this is the way it is for anyone else. But I always seem to collect for systems in spurts.

retro006.jpg

I’m the same way for most of my systems (even newer systems). One will take my focus and play time and i’ll get more active in seeking out missing titles for that platform for a few weeks. Recently it’s been 3ds.

28 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I’m the same way for most of my systems (even newer systems). One will take my focus and play time and i’ll get more active in seeking out missing titles for that platform for a few weeks. Recently it’s been 3ds.

Yeah. Pretty much the only thing that makes me change gears is one Mike from the "local" game shop calls and asks if I am interested in which ever title came through the door. 

• 2 weeks later...

buwd2osxOgcEntMpQjW8FFqtKtdfdCVd4w1K2Ksu

I just couldn't help myself. =( Not an amazing price ($100 Cad), condition ok only major issue is missing battery holder but unit fully works, but I've wanted a micro vs unit for years and the more I drag my feet the more insane the prices get (use to be able to find boxed complete ice hockey for $100 Cad, now it's 2-3x that).

On an interesting bit, I played my close retro friend today at lunch, had a blast still and totally won. :p

It is part of the Shin Megami Tensei series and many point to it as being the first in the Persona series as it shares many themes that Persona has. I think the guy that did the translation was working on it for 15 years or something crazy like that just check he started the translation in 2002). Ill let you know more when I sit down to play it. I think I might get a capture card this month and stream my playthrough. 

It´s been a long road, but today AGTP releases a complete translation for Shin Megami Tensei if... on the Super Nintendo/Super Famicom. For me personally this journey has encompassed a second undergraduate degree, a cross-country move, a complete career change, multiple periods of both employment and unemployment, the licensure of one of our translation patches, and the beginnings of a family, in addition to having to deal with several project-related IRC and Discord raids, hate speech, and generalized harassment from the SMT community at large. It´s done, and I *will* maintain the patch should anyone find any bugs or typos. But that´s it.

I do this for the enjoyment of the process, to challenge myself to produce work of ever-higher caliber. if... hits a high enough bar at this point that I´m satisfied releasing it. I hope everyone who´s been clamoring for the patch gets some enjoyment out of it; I´ll let the game speak for itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice PCB get @CastlevaniaNut18, If I could pick up any cps1 game I would love to grab Punisher (that or one of the CPS changer releases for the novelty).

9 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Nice one @CastlevaniaNut18 Also now I know what Supergun to get. I had been looking at the HAS. Now I guess I need to put myself on the waiting list. How to you like yours?

There are many alternatives like even this one. Superguns are pretty straight forward (you can even build your own with some wiring).

http://retroelectronik.com/en/supergun/145-supergun-progamer-arcade-jamma-autofirevoltmeter-included-5674864654514.html

• 1 month later...

So anybody get anything retro for the holidays? I got two small things, My good friend gave me Bionic Commando nes cart (I got him flashback for switch) and another person gave me space invader tiny arcade (it's neat, gonna swap in a pi 0 to finish off an old project idea I half completed).

Side point, I found a boxed copy of Bloody Wolf TG16 at a local game shop. I'm on the fence if I should get it (I don't need it nor can I play it since I have a PCE not a TG16) but the price seems really cheap for what it normally goes for on ebay ($99 cad). I know it will most likely sell in a week or two.

I didn't get anything retro, but spent christmas day cleaning some nes carts I had gotten months ago. I picked up a bundle of 20 games since it had Mega Man 5 with it.  Out of the bundle, I'm keeping mega man, duck tales, bionic commando, and the guardian legend.  The rest I'll trade or bundle up with a nes console I refurbished with a new 72 pin connector over the weekend.

• Like 1

I didn't get anything retro yet but I'm looking to get a supergun with my xmas money. I have been looking at the HAS. The only downside is it could take months. Blood Wolf is a fun TG16 game. I played it then and I have a copy now. I played some Super Castlevania 4 on the Holiday break.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to post my latest gets. My local shop got some Genesis games in so I picked up a few (plus a few ps2 games for cheap). 

Also funny what you find when cleaning up your storage locker (I live in a condo, so my version of cleaning out the garage). I found an old PS1 from the first studio I worked at. Gotta see if it still works (I got it because the parallel port broke so it was worthless to work since you can't use it for debugging).

So here is a photo of my recent gets, Minus the ps1 which was a recent find of something I had lost ages ago (last one of these I had was finding where my Samurai Shodown 1 Neo CD went).

W2PSMuw5hn2gAuMLgaPyCNC5zVvmBHeHNfrGCKRK

Good news, the PS1 actually still works, including the mod chip (ran an import on the unit).

• Like 2