Retro Games Pickup

Rodimus

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Do you guys ever feel overly paranoid about mentioning games you want or are trying to get? Like, you're afraid if you mention it, everyone else is gonna go for it, too.

I feel that. :(

Yes, I do as well. I know I'm not that special to change others minds and I'm not a big influencer but I still hesitate to talk about game I want or thinking of getting. Also I sometimes hold back on talking about consoles I like to avoid attention. Although I think I wave most of that here. 

I have noticed how in the past you held back the name of a video game store you go to or what you are looking to trade until after the trade.

It really sucked when The Game Chasers made a video on a local game store here. That was such a great place to find deals and sought after games. Then it got publicity and was raided in a matter of a couple months. Their good stock is long gone. :/

Then there are just some games that don't pop up often, so I don't want to alert other folks to them. 

I don't pissed too much. I'm glad people can enjoy games. If anything I more get pissed off when I talk about wanting to buy something then put it off for 2+ years to later find it far more expensive then it should. =/ 

I do find it funny that 1 youtuber covered a local retro shop in toronto but the thing is, that place their prices were already too high in the first place so deals there are rare or usually a fluke. Yet to give that shop credit, the reason I still go from time to time is because they clean and take care of their stuff before putting them up for sale (inc recaps on things like Gamegear). =P

11 hours ago, KupoBitches said:

My first real score. $30 from Craigslist. CiB Action Set with extra games. Beautiful condition.

5_EB4_A43_A_579_F_4496_ADE3_F0_C70_EE5_E

That's a damn good score!!

9 hours ago, KupoBitches said:

It sure as shit wasn’t me. Maybe @chakoo? Haha.

Umm. WTF?!?!? I'd say my gets are average price wise, i've only had a small handful of good scores and those are rare. -.-

on that note, I did actually score a copy of Hello Kitty kruisers (WiiU) off amazon.ca for $20 =P (while the price did crash to $60-$80, it at one time was fetching $300). Someone on resetera posted and I made an order expecting it to be canceled but the damn thing shipped and got delivered today.

It will take a month before I get it but I was able to snag art of fighting 1 aes for a decent price ($40 cad before shipping, probably cost me all in $60 cad for it).

Its kind of silly but I really wanted to get AoF 1 in my collection and i’m also on the hunt to get fatal fury 1 and world heroes 1 as well (providing it’s a good deal). Sadly those two tend to peak in the 6k-7k yen range (so does AoF, I just got lucky)

Long story short, I’ve been building up store credit at a local shop that I love for a while now and I got a great deal on some games that I’ve really been wanting. DWIV is the last Dragon Warrior game I needed for my NES collection and MM7 is the last home console MM game I needed! It’s a shame the label is so rough but it’s kind of endearing. Someone loved the shit out of this copy.

Also Battletoads in Battlemaniacs is one of my favorite games ever so it’s been a long time coming as well!

ck5CVs9.jpg

MoT7swK.jpg

YLgIx5l.jpg

No photos atm but I picked up a copy of Jurassic Park for gamegear yesterday. It was only $10 cad so I thought why not. I also traded my taz on genesis to my coworker who gave me rockman 4 (fc) in exchange. I also picked up Kirby planet robobot but that isn’t really retro :P (damn game is hard to find up here locally)

On 7/31/2018 at 11:50 AM, Rodimus said:

Thanks. I won it on a triva question. The Question was name a Star Wars game published my Sega? Answer StarWars Arcade for 32X.

Shame that game wasn’t the prize :P

3 hours ago, chakoo said:

No photos atm but I picked up a copy of Jurassic Park for gamegear yesterday. It was only $10 cad so I thought why not. I also traded my taz on genesis to my coworker who gave me rockman 4 (fc) in exchange. I also picked up Kirby planet robobot but that isn’t really retro :P (damn game is hard to find up here locally)

Shame that game wasn’t the prize :P

Star Wars Arcade was the one 32X cart I have. Although a boxed copy would be nice. I have Super Star wars but not CIB.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

They're good. The arcade version is the best. I'm tempted to hook up my PCB for another playthrough. 

Would you believe I don't have the NES Battletoads, though? Just never got around to picking it up.

That Battletoads on the NES sounds like a good candidate for the common games we just overlooked all these years. I should bring that thread back perhaps.

• Like 1