I wonder if Dwayne Johnson has the chops for Lex Luthor

Bacon

Black Lex was already a thing, at least in the cartoon of... Justice League? Black Lex is all I know. I didn't even know there was a white green lantern either. I think a Black Brit could be Bond, but I generally dislike race/sex changes in characters. It was why I had no interest in the Green Lantern movie. He is black, because that was what I saw first, so it is weird to have a white green lantern. 

8 hours ago, Bacon said:

Black Lex was already a thing, at least in the cartoon of... Justice League? Black Lex is all I know. I didn't even know there was a white green lantern either. I think a Black Brit could be Bond, but I generally dislike race/sex changes in characters. It was why I had no interest in the Green Lantern movie. He is black, because that was what I saw first, so it is weird to have a white green lantern. 

This post makes no sense. Ryan Reynolds played a different Green Lantern character than the one you saw in a cartoon bro. Ryan Reynolds was Hal Jordan. You watched Green Lantern John Stewart in the Justice League cartoon. Hal Jordan came first, and he is white. 

Dwayne Johnson has already been cast as Black Adam in the DCEU, so he isn't going to play Lex Luthor. So this is a pointless thread. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

This post makes no sense. Ryan Reynolds played a different Green Lantern character than the one you saw in a cartoon bro. Ryan Reynolds was Hal Jordan. You watched Green Lantern John Stewart in the Justice League cartoon. Hal Jordan came first, and he is white. 

No. I know this. I know they are two different people. But I didn't know that at the time. I only knew of one green lantern, the black guy. Because I saw black green lantern first, that is what I want. I don't care that white was first. All I ever knew was the black green lantern so that is all I want. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There are a lot of Green Lanterns and the first one was white.

Also there is a female Green Lantern

Triggered yet?

Yes because that isn't the black guy. 

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Johnson has been cast as Luthor? For which film? I have zero problem with that, especially after Jesse's horrid take on the character

No. I just think it could work.

3 hours ago, Brick said:

The Rock is already set to play Black Adam. 

Dwayne Johnson has already been cast as Black Adam in the DCEU,

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

The Rock is playing another DC character, or slated to play one, already.

I didn't know this. But once this DC movie ultimately fails he can be Lex in the future, like how chris evans was two marvel characters. 

So this is a pointless thread. 

Suck a dick

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No. I know this. I know they are two different people. But I didn't know that at the time. I only knew of one green lantern, the black guy. Because I saw black green lantern first, that is what I want. I don't care that white was first. All I ever knew was the black green lantern so that is all I want. 

Suck a dick

No, Dwayne Johnson can't play two characters in the DCEU like Chris Evans did because Evans played Marvel characters before there was an MCU. It would take years after a failed DCEU for Johnson to be recast within the same universe so contemplating it now is pointless and stupid. No one cares what you want - the point is there was no white washing or "recasting" of the Green Lantern character - they simply went with Hal Jordan over John Stewart and that's normal and fine. 

Thread is still pointless regardless of your insult. 

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

No one cares what you want

I do and that is all that matters

the point is there was no white washing or "recasting" of the Green Lantern character - they simply went with Hal Jordan over John Stewart and that's normal and fine. 

I gets this, but I don't care.

Thread is still pointless regardless of your insult. 

Suck an expanded dong

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

How is a theoretical question about the ability of an actor to play a role outside his comfort range a pointless thread? Literally the dumbest thing I’ve heard all day. 

he is mad about my other post so the thread is pointless

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

How is a theoretical question about the ability of an actor to play a role outside his comfort range a pointless thread? Literally the dumbest thing I’ve heard all day. 

Because it can't happen. It's not completely pointless I guess, just moot.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

he is mad about my other post so the thread is pointless

No, not really. You posted a thread without even having all the information, lol. 

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

No, not really. You posted a thread without even having all the information, lol. 

Doesn't even matter. The Rock being Back Adam means he mostly likely won't ever be Lex, sure. Never thought he'd really be considered for the role. I just remembered the cartoon and thought he looked the part and wondered if he could do it. I think he could. That's all there is to it. You are just being a cock. Just because it won't happen doesn't mean he doesn't have the acting chops to do it. Which it what the thread was about. 

sucer une bite

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Doesn't even matter. The Rock being Back Adam means he mostly likely won't ever be Lex, sure. Never thought he'd really be considered for the role. I just remembered the cartoon and thought he looked the part and wondered if he could do it. I think he could. That's all there is to it. You are just being a cock. Just because it won't happen doesn't mean he doesn't have the acting chops to do it. Which it what the thread was about. 

sucer une bite

I don’t even see why it rules him out. DC isn’t doing a connected universe anymore so meh, why couldn’t he do both? Does Luthor show up in Black Adam stories(I’m honestly asking). 

Id love to see what Rock can do with a bad guy character. 

14 hours ago, Bacon said:

sucer une bite

That's fine, obviously it's movie related so it's not literally a pointless thread, if that's your point. I don't disagree.