Guardians Of The Galaxy Three Moving Ahead

With James Gunn's Script  according to Kevin Feige

His influence was Guardians. It was Guardians. It was his input on Guardians and the Avengers films, as you've seen in Infinity War, and on the Guardians 3 script, which we’re still using. So you'll see that influence. I think online, sort of the notion of ‘architect across multiple cosmic things’ was slightly blown out of proportion.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Alan Horn, Walt Disney Studios chairman, in a statement just released.

Not offensive enough to not use his script 

tenor.gif

26 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Alan Horn, Walt Disney Studios chairman, in a statement just released.

Not offensive enough to not use his script 

tenor.gif

I see no problem here :confused:

45 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Disney caved to Mike Cernovich 

Yup, and that right there is why they need to admit their mistake. Even if it's too late to get Gunn back as director, get him back in the MCU in since capacity. I know he was supposed to be the head of their big cosmic push with a lot of new characters. 

54 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They paid for the script, why wouldn’t they use it?

It’d be ridiculous to not think they were at least considering deviating from his script in certain ways before deciding to leave it. It also matters who they get to take over for Gunn. 

And i I don’t think Disney would really be crying over the money for the script if they wanted to scorch earth James gunn but I’m glad they aren’t. 

39 minutes ago, Brick said:

I know he was supposed to be the head of their big cosmic push with a lot of new characters. 

Feige literally says this is overblown in the quote in the OP.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Feige literally says this is overblown in the quote in the OP.

I'm not saying he was, but I think taking an executive at their word in this type of situation is inadvisable. It's like when Lucasfilm let Trevorrow go from IX...they said it was due to some BS reason, but we all know it's because he's no good and they had difficulty with him.

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm not saying he was, but I think taking an executive at their word in this type of situation is inadvisable. It's like when Lucasfilm let Trevorrow go from IX...they said it was due to some BS reason, but we all know it's because he's no good and they had difficulty with him.

The claims that Gunn was such comes from something Feige said in the first place. He said Gunn was helping the direction of the cosmic stuff, and people ran with it. 

14 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The MCU was popular and extremely successful before Gunn and will continue to be without him. 

Donald Trump will continue to do whatever the fuck he wants to do and yet always escapes any sort of consequences. Yet his supporters always bring this fact up as some sort of justification for what he does.

And that’s what I continually see on this board when it comes to Disney/Marvel. Yes, we are all aware that Disney is an invincible corporation that can basically get aware with murder at this point. The fact that this decision won’t hurt their bottom line is like pointing out that water is wet at this point.

We already know.

But that doesn’t mean they aren’t an evil corporation that is slowly sucking up all of Hollywood into it.

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Donald Trump will continue to do whatever the fuck he wants to do and yet always escapes any sort of consequences. Yet his supporters always bring this fact up as some sort of justification for what he does.

And that’s what I continually see on this board when it comes to Disney/Marvel. Yes, we are all aware that Disney is an invincible corporation that can basically get aware with murder at this point. The fact that this decision won’t hurt their bottom line is like pointing out that water is wet at this point.

We already know.

But that doesn’t mean they aren’t an evil corporation that is slowly sucking up all of Hollywood into it.

Did you compare people who like certain movies to people who support a corrupt politician? Those two things are really the same to you? :|

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did you compare people who like certain movies to people who support a corrupt politician? Those two things are really the same to you? :|

They aren’t the same thing, but defenders of both have a syncophantic quality that is really off putting.

When people were making reasonable criticism about Disney buying Fox and your canned response was “Oh, you know you’re still gonna see the next Marvel movie on opening weekend :lol:“ I don’t know why you felt that reminding us of their stranglehold over pop culture was somehow a proper response to the criticism that Disney is becoming a monopoly and slowly engulfing all of pop culture.

To me someone who is continually sticking up for a morally questionable corporation is not entirely different than someone who is contstanltly sticking up for the president. It’s just that Disney has way better public relations and branding skills than Trump.

12 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

They aren’t the same thing, but defenders of both have a syncophantic quality that is really off putting.

When people were making reasonable criticism about Disney buying Fox and your canned response was “Oh, you know you’re still gonna see the next Marvel movie on opening weekend :lol:“ I don’t know why you felt that reminding us of their stranglehold over pop culture was somehow a proper response to the criticism that Disney is becoming a monopoly and slowly engulfing all of pop culture.

To me someone who is continually sticking up for a morally questionable corporation is not entirely different than someone who is contstanltly sticking up for the president. It’s just that Disney has way better public relations and branding skills than Trump.

Cool :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

But the cosmic side of the MCU was introduced in the Thor movies and was expanded upon in Guardians and Dr. Strange. Capt. Marvel looks to expand it even more... Gunn didn't have a hand on all these films?

No but I think he was going to be in charge of the really crazy, out there stuff. Maybe stuff like The Beyonder, Eternity, The Living Tribunal, the really, really comic book-y stuff. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I chalk it up to damage control. 

13 minutes ago, Brick said:

No but I think he was going to be in charge of the really crazy, out there stuff. Maybe stuff like The Beyonder, Eternity, The Living Tribunal, the really, really comic book-y stuff. 

This is based on nothing but your gut though. People have incorrectly said the same sorts of things about Whedon, then her got kicked out and the MCU moved on. This is because in reality the MCU is Feige’s thing and everybody works at his direction.

4 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I can’t imagine being an adult and being okay with a corporate merger because super heroes get to be in the same movie now.

Upvoted and quoted.

It strikes me as hypocritical to fire the director of your movie over some of his previous content, but then use his content as the basis for your movie. Either you are fine with his current content and want to use it (which implies you should also be okay with "current" James Gunn directing) or you're not. But you don't get to have it both ways.

I'm glad they're using his script. I am. I like James Gunn. But that's some bullshit. 

And I agree about corporate mergers. I am not happy Fox and Disney are merging.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

What are you basing this on?

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I can’t imagine being an adult and being okay with a corporate merger because super heroes get to be in the same movie now.

Bill Maher was right. You need to grow up.

Ooooh sick burn! Very mature of you :clap:

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It strikes me as hypocritical to fire the director of your movie over some of his previous content, but then use his content as the basis for your movie. Either you are fine with his current content and want to use it (which implies you should also be okay with "current" James Gunn directing) or you're not. But you don't get to have it both ways.

Self-serving mega corporations espousing inconsistent positions for their gain? I am shocked by this behavior!

I really don’t see why they wouldn’t use his script nor do I find it hypocritical. If you fire someone from your company for inappropriate behavior you don’t then go and throw out all their work.

Also I feel like the word “evil” gets tossed around a little lightly. What exactly has Disney done that qualifies as “evil”?