Fearing Their Dogs Will Develop Autism, Some Owners Are Declining Vaccinations

Jason

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can dogs even have autism?

I don't believe there's any way to test a dog for autism even if such a thing existed...which I don't believe it does.

As per the article...

“But there is currently no scientific evidence to suggest autism in dogs or a link between vaccination and autism.”

At lunch I had a conversation about people taking their dog to the vet. Maybe I'm a  bad owner, but my dog has only been to the vet five times (first shots, two ear infections, one skin infection, and a follow up) in his almost tens years of life. The "normal" cadence seems like a waste of money. 

Also I don't cut his nails, and he still has his junk. 

1 minute ago, Commodore D said:

At lunch I had a conversation about people taking their dog to the vet. Maybe I'm a  bad owner, but my dog has only been to the vet five times (first shots, two ear infections, one skin infection, and a follow up) in his almost tens years of life. The "normal" cadence seems like a waste of money. 

Also I don't cut his nails, and he still has his junk. 

Stopped reading at first shots. 

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

As the owner of an Alaskan malamute, I'm pretty sure it would be practically impossible to tell if it was autistic.

I don't believe you own an Alaskan malamute. I think you should post very recent and previously unpublished photos to prove it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Too many shots? Shots might be even the wrong wording, I don't remember what he got (I'm thinking a deworming pill and a rabies shot), initial visit is probably a better term. 

You asked if you were a bad owner, then said you got your dog his shots. Therefore, you're not. At the very least, you're better than antivax owners.

Not enough shots, most states require at the very least a rabies vaccine every 2 or so years.  Also if your dog bites anyone and you do not have those records you can get the crap sued out of you.  And if you ever plan on boarding your dog you should get them a kennel cough vaccine.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

Not enough shots, most states require at the very least a rabies vaccine every 2 or so years.  Also if your dog bites anyone and you do not have those records you can get the crap sued out of you.  And if you ever plan on boarding your dog you should get them a kennel cough vaccine.

In my experience, any boarding facility that doesn't require vet records of immunization is one to stay away from.

53 minutes ago, Snaynay1 said:

The amount of dudebro in that video is staggering. I knew it was going to be entertaining when I heard the word stoked within the first few seconds.

A friend of mine showed this to me a while back and we've been studying every scene and believe it deserves an Oscar for Best Comedy.

The hype-ass editing and sikk dropz at the 'climax' are utter gold.