Hulk Hogan Biopic Starring Thor

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, what was the translation?

Basically, and let me see if I get this right... @Mercury33 please correct me if I mess this up, He's basically saying that dumb fans think you know what you're watching but you don't. A Mark is an old school term for a wrestling fan, a jabronie is a jerk or an idiot, a work is what pro wrestlers do and a shoot is when its real. So with those definitions, you can KINDA get the gist :p

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Basically, and let me see if I get this right... @Mercury33 please correct me if I mess this up, He's basically saying that dumb fans think you know what you're watching but you don't. A Mark is an old school term for a wrestling fan, a jabronie is a jerk or an idiot, a work is what pro wrestlers do and a shoot is when its real. So with those definitions, you can KINDA get the gist :p

Yep that’s correct. He’s probably really referring to “Smarks” or smart Marks. Which are basically the Internet wrestling fans that like to pretend they know everything about the business because they know some of the behind the scenes stuff.  Working yourself into a shoot refers to when they get so hyped up or so into a promo that they start using real(non storyline) feelings and information to go after another wrestler. Using their real name, or something that actually happened to them in real life for example. 

Hes basically saying you don’t know everything and sometimes a shoot is actually a work because we know you(fans) know so much already so we’re using that info against you to trick you. Lol like I said I’m not sure if I’m really getting it across in a non confusing manor. 

25 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yep that’s correct. He’s probably really referring to “Smarks” or smart Marks. Which are basically the Internet wrestling fans that like to pretend they know everything about the business because they know some of the behind the scenes stuff.  Working yourself into a shoot refers to when they get so hyped up or so into a promo that they start using real(non storyline) feelings and information to go after another wrestler. Using their real name, or something that actually happened to them in real life for example. 

Hes basically saying you don’t know everything and sometimes a shoot is actually a work because we know you(fans) know so much already so we’re using that info against you to trick you. Lol like I said I’m not sure if I’m really getting it across in a non confusing manor. 

I mostly understand it but it just sounds like a really stupid way to talk, particularly that tweet worded the way he did it, industry/fan lingo or not.