Samsung will stop releasing new Blu-Ray players in the US

SaysWho?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarcher/2019/02/15/samsung-quits-4k-blu-ray-player-market/#1ede82f61577

amsung has confirmed to me today that it is no longer going to be making any new models of 4K Blu-ray player. 

Rumors that this was going to happen have been circulating for months. One or two dealers let slip that they’d been told not to expect any more players, and new 4K Blu-ray player models were conspicuously absent from Samsung’s stands at both the IFA show in Berlin last August and the CES in Las Vegas in January. 

My own Samsung contacts, though, told me in January that a single new deck - apparently a quite high end model - was being planned for launch later in 2019. Those same contacts have now confirmed, though, that this deck is no longer going to appear. 

And the kicker:

Also, while the film industry still claims to be happy with 4K Blu-ray's rate of uptake, the latest disc sales stats for the US show 4K Blu-rays accounting for just 5.3% of sales, while DVD - yes, DVD - still claims 57.9%.

They'll still be sold in Europe and in neighboring counties Mexico and Canada.