Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

Movies How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Tomatometer Watch

Recommended Posts

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/how_to_train_your_dragon_the_hidden_world

 

v1.bTsxMjc1NjU5NztqOzE4MDEyOzEyMDA7NDgwO

 

Currently at 93% with a 7.2/10 avg rating. 101 reviews total

 

Quote

Critics Consensus: The rare trilogy capper that really works, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World brings its saga to a visually dazzling and emotionally affecting conclusion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this series, and I'm so glad to hear that it ends well. I think the trailers look great.

 

I've always been surprised that these films didn't do more at the box office. The first only made $217M and the second shrank that to $177M. It does better overseas, which is likely the reason we're even getting a third film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I love this series, and I'm so glad to hear that it ends well. I think the trailers look great.

 

I've always been surprised that these films didn't do more at the box office. The first only made $217M and the second shrank that to $177M. It does better overseas, which is likely the reason we're even getting a third film.

 

I remember being very excited that there are a Dreamworks film that looked to really be worth watching when How To Train Your Dragon came out. When I watched it, I felt it had a predictable but decent story that really utilized its dragons for the 3D effects over the story. So I never had the urge to see its sequels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I love this series, and I'm so glad to hear that it ends well. I think the trailers look great.

 

I've always been surprised that these films didn't do more at the box office. The first only made $217M and the second shrank that to $177M. It does better overseas, which is likely the reason we're even getting a third film.

 

those are "bad" numbers... hell the emoji movie made that much.

 

thank goodness for the overseas markets then... Roger Deakins animated work is just too good to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone ever watch the four short films or the 8 season Cartoon Network, then Netflix animated series? Apparently all of that material is canon and part of the bigger story. I haven't seen them and was curious how essential they are. Anybody know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I watched any of that stuff, but I didn't feel at a loss when watching How to Train Dragon 2. I'm sure the directors wouldn't expect people seeing the third film to have watched all that material.

 

Edit: Reading through the descriptions of the stuff, it seems that cartoon show only covers the events between the first movie and the second. The short films are mostly supplementary. There is no bridge between 2nd and 3rd movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Can't say I watched any of that stuff, but I didn't feel at a loss when watching How to Train Dragon 2. I'm sure the directors wouldn't expect people seeing the third film to have watched all that material.

 

Edit: Reading through the descriptions of the stuff, it seems that cartoon show only covers the events between the first movie and the second. The short films are mostly supplementary. There is no bridge between 2nd and 3rd movie.

 

Sounds promising, but I am a bit of a completionist. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can do it, go for it. Getting the first two seasons of the TV show will be a bit expensive though. They're not on Netflix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Did anyone ever watch the four short films or the 8 season Cartoon Network, then Netflix animated series? Apparently all of that material is canon and part of the bigger story. I haven't seen them and was curious how essential they are. Anybody know?

 

I have never seen 1 or 2, but my girl & the kids LOVE them so I took them all to a screening on February 2nd.  I didn't feel the first two films were essential to understand the 3rd :p  So you should be good without watching the tv stuff. 

 

The Hidden World was lots of fun though. I look forward to finally sitting down to watch the other two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pikachu said:

If you can do it, go for it. Getting the first two seasons of the TV show will be a bit expensive though. They're not on Netflix.

 

Yeah I don't know if I'm gonna watch any of it anyway, but was curious what someone who did watch it all thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Officially certified fresh! It joins Toy Story and Kung Fu Panda as the only animated trilogies to have 3 certified fresh movies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Officially certified fresh! It joins Toy Story and Kung Fu Panda as the only animated trilogies to have 3 certified fresh movies.

 

I love the KFP series, but this series is better. I'd definitely put it head to head with Toy Story... HtTYD has a better second entry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught it last night. I think it was a good cap to the series, but overall probably the weakest of the three films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...