Super Mario Maker 2 announced for Switch, releasing June 2019

SaysWho?

A wanted to buy a Wii U solely for Mario Maker. I never did because Nintendo was so incredibly stubborn to drop the price of those stupid machines. 

But I there are few games I could be more excited for than Mario Maker (and link’s awakening). I’m still in awe they were both announced in the same direct. 

Imagine the levels we will get with the number of people who own Switches.

It’s awesome. Fire Emblem is cool and I’ll get it, but I don’t particularly like a few things about that series. It feels like it doesn’t respect my time if you still want a challenge 

This was probably the game I was most excited about from the latest Nintendo Direct. I've never actually played around with the first Mario Maker but I love the idea of it and love platformers in general. I'll look forward to seeing what you all come up with and I'll contribute my best giant dong level. :sun:

9 hours ago, Biggie said:

Don’t mean to rain on your parade but...meh. Never been a fan of this series. 

Now if any game deserves its own thread it should be Fire Emblem: Three Houses. 

:daydream:

Wow Biggie your not a fan of Super Mario Bros. 

Super Mario Maker was great. I'm glad they are making another on the Switch. Just a few more games to get released on the Switch from the Wii U like the Zelda games and now we are talking. Also Pikman 3

On 2/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, 5timechamp said:

Glad to see its coming... but after pouring all the effort on levels on the original with so little feedback ( u really must campaign on behalf of your levels)... im just too busy for it

I have trouble understanding why anyone would care about that stuff.  Who cares if strangers rate your levels.

But I'm old.  I also don't understand watching others play games on twitch.  

5 hours ago, number305 said:

I have trouble understanding why anyone would care about that stuff.  Who cares if strangers rate your levels.

But I'm old.  I also don't understand watching others play games on twitch.  

2 things:

-I actually would like constructive criticism to build better levels...apparently I put too many "hidden" blocks in one level

-more importantly the only way you were allowed to upload a higher number of levels in Mario Maker was by being awarded set amounts of stars (though frankly the stars never were the most important goal given that I ended up making only about 15 levels before the wait burned me out)

I think this game is mostly known for the crazy levels that get created, but there is a good amount of genuinely good content that isn't a crazy hard level and much more reminiscent of OG gameplay. 

I definitely wont skip this game this time around. I skipped it on WiiU and borrowed a buddies for a week and had a blast with it.