Having trouble with download speeds on my desktop

Pikachu

Recently my PC has been downloading at a much slower rate than usual. I am only getting about 1.5 MBps max on Steam whereas before I got between 7 and 8 MBps. 

I have tried resetting my router and doing a network reset on my PC but still getting slow speeds. I'm thinking I may need to replace the adapter, but I can't tell if that's issue or not.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Recently my PC has been downloading at a much slower rate than usual. I am only getting about 1.5 MBps max on Steam whereas before I got between 7 and 8 MBps. 

I have tried resetting my router and doing a network reset on my PC but still getting slow speeds. I'm thinking I may need to replace the adapter, but I can't tell if that's issue or not.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

I'd check with your ISP first to see if the issue is on their end.

14 hours ago, Pikachu said:

I checked with ATT&T and everything seems to be okay on their end. The other devices in my house download stuff pretty fast. Running speed test on my phone, I get bout 70 Mbps download and 35 upload. On my PC, it's only 11 Mbps download and 35 upload as well.

Hmmm...you could try switching the Steam download server to see if that makes a difference.