Do you ever stop and think to yourself, 'I wonder what Inuk is doing right this moment?'

Chris-

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Inuk's mom bought him a new hat:

7302130289042857050.jpg-7548427948875505509.jpg3693501866664734988.jpg7668210109631977120.jpg

i showed my friend and she really likes it but is worried that it will fall off and thinks he needs a string to help hold it on, do you have anything like that you can use?

• 1 month later...

@Commissar SFLUFAN I'm curious, are you working from home these days? What do you do with Inuk while at work?

I've been longingly eyeing getting a dog for years and I really want to pull the trigger, but since I'm currently away from home (an apartment, also a down side) from about 7:30 am to 6 pm for work M-F, I haven't done it yet. :cry:

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Nokra said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN I'm curious, are you working from home these days? What do you do with Inuk while at work?

I've been longingly eyeing getting a dog for years and I really want to pull the trigger, but since I'm currently away from home (an apartment, also a down side) from about 7:30 am to 6 pm for work M-F, I haven't done it yet. :cry:

I've been back at an office since mid-April so I hired a dog walker who takes Inuk out for a walk in the middle of the day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've been back at an office since mid-April so I hired a dog walker who takes Inuk out for a walk in the middle of the day.

Serious question. Do you ever cuddle with him? I'm very affectionate with my cat and was so with my old dog. I give my cat kisses and snuggle with him 15 min a day.

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Serious question. Do you ever cuddle with him? I'm very affectionate with my cat and was so with my old dog. I give my cat kisses and snuggle with him 15 min a day.

Inuk isn't much for snuggling/cuddling - he just likes to be petted and have his stomach rubbed.

Oh, and we also wrestle and play fight.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you pay in DC for such a service? Here in Portland, on Rover people are asking for anything from $15 to $25 per day just for a walk, whereas doggy daycare for the whole day is right around $25-$35 per day. 

On 6/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, Nokra said:

In terms of apartment vs house for having a dog, the New York Times had a thing about this like ten years ago. Long story short what matters is the energy level of the dog not the size. People think something like a chihuahua is a good apartment dog because they're small but actually a big dog that just wants to sleep most of the day and may actually not like walking a lot is better for that kind of situation.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

In terms of apartment vs house for having a dog, the New York Times had a thing about this like ten years ago. Long story short what matters is the energy level of the dog not the size. People think something like a chihuahua is a good apartment dog because they're small but actually a big dog that just wants to sleep most of the day and may actually not like walking a lot is better for that kind of situation.

Yeah I've read a few stories while researching my future dog :D that one of the best apartment dogs is a greyhound, surprisingly, because they just require a few minutes of all out sprinting or other exercise but will otherwise just sleep all day and they generally have a mellow temperament so they won't bark at every sound that one might hear in a busy apartment building.

I'm a fairly active person (like to go hiking on the weekends, I try to go running 2-3 times per week, I get my 10k steps almost every day, etc.) so I'm not as much worried about the dog getting the exercise it would need eventually once I'm around... But M-F I'm only home and awake for maybe 4 or 5  hours. I could only see it working if I wanted to get up even earlier before work, and 6:30 is already painful enough as a night owl. :p

But it just might be worth it. <3 

24 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Yeah I've read a few stories while researching my future dog :D that one of the best apartment dogs is a greyhound, surprisingly, because they just require a few minutes of all out sprinting or other exercise but will otherwise just sleep all day and they generally have a mellow temperament so they won't bark at every sound that one might hear in a busy apartment building.

I'm a fairly active person (like to go hiking on the weekends, I try to go running 2-3 times per week, I get my 10k steps almost every day, etc.) so I'm not as much worried about the dog getting the exercise it would need eventually once I'm around... But M-F I'm only home and awake for maybe 4 or 5  hours. I could only see it working if I wanted to get up even earlier before work, and 6:30 is already painful enough as a night owl. :p

But it just might be worth it. <3 

Yes they are totally worth it. I’ve always been a night owl myself, but my pup can’t do walks yet, but Buddy gets a morning walk everyday. Well depending on rain and how hot it is outside. If it isn’t too bad, I take him for afternoon walk and sometimes an evening stroll. Now this night owl has to get up at 6am to watch the pup, while Buddy does his hourly walk with mom. Plus I gotta set up some late night tinkle time moments for Fozzy Bear as well. 

Cousin has a Duck Toller who is so high strung on energy and was a Toronto apartment dog. When they moved in with us 5 years back and got a backyard to run around in. My gawd, he is one ball obsessed dog that could play fetch for an hour+ if you let him. Although being so high strung, he would bark at anything that walked by our front window. I guess that happens when you live on the 6th or 8th floor apartment and no sight of anything for the first 2 years of life. They need to be kept socially active 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you pay in DC for such a service? Here in Portland, on Rover people are asking for anything from $15 to $25 per day just for a walk, whereas doggy daycare for the whole day is right around $25-$35 per day. 

I pay $20/day for a 30 minute walk.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...