NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

5101.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he will be entering a four-day “darkness retreat” before making a decision on his future

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he will be entering a four-day “darkness retreat” before making a decision on his NFL future.

“I’ve got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation, and then after that I feel like I’ll be a lot closer to a final, final decision,” Rodgers said on Tuesday during an appearance on the Pat McAfee Show. “I’ve had a number of friends who’ve done it and they had profound experiences.”

Aaron Rodgers has been named MVP for two straight seasons but has courted controversy off the field

The four-time NFL Most Valuable Player said he will be immersed in total darkness for four days and nights for an experience that can produce hallucinations similar to the psychedelic drug dimethyltryptamine (DMT).

“It’s just sitting in isolation, meditation, dealing with your thoughts,” Rodgers said. “It simulates DMT, so there can be some hallucinations in there but it’s just kind of sitting in silence, which most of us never do. We rarely even turn our phone off or put the blinds down to sleep in darkness. I’m really looking forward to it.”

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
5101.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he will be entering a four-day “darkness retreat” before making a decision on his future

There’s never been a player as cringe and annoying as him. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

The Raiders are expected to cut Derek Carr in the next 48 hours.

The media have been telling the story that it was in Carr's best interests to accept a trade for a couple of months.

However, the concept that he would attract a higher salary if a team had to offer picks to the Raiders, rather than signing him as a free agent was bizarre.  However, this narrative was common on the Raiders beat.

The problem was the contract from the new Raiders regime had Carr earning ~$40 million per year in '24 and '25.  There are probably only 4-5 QBs who could justify this $$$ (and Carr is not one of them).  Once that contract was signed, Carr was ALWAYS going to get cut.

Carr is now being portrayed as the villain (for not being willing to waive his no-trade clause, and accept a lower salary).

The actual villain is Ziegler, for coming up with the contract that allows Carr to leave as a free agent...

• True 1

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1114%2Fr1090882_
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Raiders cut quarterback Derek Carr on Tuesday after the veteran quarterback declined to waive his no-trade clause and just before more than $40 million of his contract would have become guaranteed.

The only QB on the Raiders roster is Chase Garbers -- an UDFA who has never thrown a pass in the NFL.

21 hours ago, Brian said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0219%2Fr1133716_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Former NFL head coach and current ESPN analyst Rex Ryan interviewed Saturday in Denver for the Broncos' defensive coordinator job, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

lololololol @broncos

I only watch one pregame show Espn countdown. I think all the other are just plain terrible. So this is great news to me also since he;s my least favorite on there

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1003%2Fr1070526_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Former Georgia star Jalen Carter, one of the top prospects in next month's NFL draft, has been charged with reckless driving and racing in conjunction with the crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staff member.

Jalen Carter arrested. 

He will fall big time in the draft and some team will come away with a beast of a defensive tackle