NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

QBs drafted in the first round over the last 7 years.

2020:  Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert

2019:  Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins

2018:  Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson

2017:  Mitch Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson

2016: Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lunch

2015: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota

2014: Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater

The three bolded QBs are the only ones that had a higher passer DVOA last year than Ryan Tannehill (who the Titans traded a 4th round pick to get), Dak Prescott (Drafted in 4th round), Derek Carr (drafted in 2nd round) and Kirk Cousins (who was signed as an unrestricted free agent, after being originally drafted in 4th round).

However the narrative will be this week, that you gotta draft a first round QB to get better.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Are you saying this in a "they are division rivals so the suckier the better" kind of way?

Yes. 

Bridgewater is probably better than Drew Lock, but I struggle to find even one season where you could say "yeah, that was a solid season, he can build on that".

Denver's QB situation has been pretty bad since Peyton Manning left -- actually the last year, when he won the Super Bowl, Peyton was bad too.  And it doesn't look like that will change for next season.

It's tough being in the same division as Mahomes, and the transition from Rivers to Herbert went much better than I thought it would.  I need one rival to struggle at QB.

53 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I like Bridgewater in Denver too.  Not as much as I liked Drew Lock last year though.

Absolut, I haven't been paying attention lately.  What are you guys looking or hoping for?

I am indifferent for the Bills.  I trust Beane at 30 or wherever they end up picking.  

36 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Feels kinda like the post Elway years when Jake Plummer was their big QB.

I think it's actually worse.  Griese had some decent years.  Plummer had some good years.  Even Orton and Cutler were mostly better than what they've had the last 5 years or so.

6 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Absolut, I haven't been paying attention lately.  What are you guys looking or hoping for?

I am indifferent for the Bills.  I trust Beane at 30 or wherever they end up picking.  

In the first round, I will guess a Safety or a LB (if one of the top CBs drops, then perhaps a CB).  We could also use some help with an Offensive tackle or guard, and wide receiver depth.

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think it's actually worse.  Griese had some decent years.  Plummer had some good years.  Even Orton and Cutler were mostly better than what they've had the last 5 years or so.

In the first round, I will guess a Safety or a LB (if one of the top CBs drops, then perhaps a CB).  We could also use some help with an Offensive tackle or guard, and wide receiver depth.

Again, I trust Beane and the front office.  What we need is a TE, CB or Edge Rusher, but I am not losing sleep over who is going to be there at 30.  

If they go down further for the sake of extra picks and planning for the future, then fine. 

@Biggie

Biggie what. is. the deal with the talk always coming up about Julio?

Is it the Falcons, him or both of them?  

6 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Again, I trust Beane and the front office.  What we need is a TE, CB or Edge Rusher, but I am not losing sleep over who is going to be there at 30.  

If they go down further for the sake of extra picks and planning for the future, then fine. 

@Biggie

The Falcons don't have enough cap space to sign their 9 draft picks. Julio demanded a new deal with 3 years left on his previous deal, and is now refusing to restructure to free up space. He's always hurt. Bye.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

@Biggie

Hopefully you get what you're looking for.  It looks like you guys are set up for another good year.

40 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Rodgers : I can’t win Super Bowls because they won’t surround me with quality free agent players. 

also Rodgers : No I won’t restructure my massive contract so you can sign quality free agents. 

$240 million career earnings.

I believe, but don't quote me on it, he may only trail Eli Manning who I believe retired with 252 Million in his career.

EDIT:  It was Manning at 252, but Brady (262) eclipsed him this last season.

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

$240 million career earnings.

I believe, but don't quote me on it, he may only trail Eli Manning who I believe retired with 252 Million in his career.

EDIT:  It was Manning at 252, but Brady (262) eclipsed him this last season.

I hope he does go to another team. A shitty team. Fuck that guy.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BuckFly said:

@Slug

Slug, I love Jaret Patterson and I do so hope he flourishes with you guys in DC.  He will give you everything he has.  I've seen almost every one of his games and, in person, he is just so deceptive.  

I hope he does well for us.  I'm glad we were able to land him.

6 hours ago, BuckFly said:

@Slug

Slug, I love Jaret Patterson and I do so hope he flourishes with you guys in DC.  He will give you everything he has.  I've seen almost every one of his games and, in person, he is just so deceptive.  

He is so deceptive that I have never heard of him lol

• Haha 1