Jump to content

Frozen 2 Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Official Trailer 2)


Pikachu
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

From the Academy Award®-winning team—directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, and producer Peter Del Vecho—and featuring the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad, and the music of Oscar®-winning songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen 2” opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, legend said:

I don't care that much about the first one, but that was a solid teaser!

 

I hate to admit that it was.

 

I really did not care for Frozen. The movie was forgettable and the music, doubly so. Moana is leagues better. Even Tangled was. I really hope Disney is actually going for something good here other than a cash grab. I know with Frozen, it's really tempting to just go the cash grab, route, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

I hate to admit that it was.

 

I really did not care for Frozen. The movie was forgettable and the music, doubly so. Moana is leagues better. Even Tangled was. I really hope Disney is actually going for something good here other than a cash grab. I know with Frozen, it's really tempting to just go the cash grab, route, but still.

 

From what I've rad it definitely don't think it's a cash grab. It's going to make a buttload of cash, of course, but they took it seriously.

 

8 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I need to get out of retail before my store is once again flooded with toys that play "Let it Go". 

Word is they've come up with something different but just as catchy. I freely admit I absolutely loved Let It Go, or at least the song got so stuck in my head that I thought I loved it. It was really the sound of the music more than the lyrics, because I actually enjoyed hearing it sung in other languages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

 

From what I've rad it definitely don't think it's a cash grab. It's going to make a buttload of cash, of course, but they took it seriously.

 

Word is they've come up with something different but just as catchy. I freely admit I absolutely loved Let It Go, or at least the song got so stuck in my head that I thought I loved it. It was really the sound of the music more than the lyrics, because I actually enjoyed hearing it sung in other languages. 

 

I'm fully ok with a Frozen sequel if it's better than the first one. I'll be extra ok with it if the soundtrack is actually good. The two most recent Disney music-heavy animated films are Moana and Coco and those both have phenomenal soundtracks. Cars 3 was a good, earnest effort. It wasn't great, but at least Pixar was trying. Let's see if Disney can pull off the same effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

I'm fully ok with a Frozen sequel if it's better than the first one. I'll be extra ok with it if the soundtrack is actually good. The two most recent Disney music-heavy animated films are Moana and Coco and those both have phenomenal soundtracks. Cars 3 was a good, earnest effort. It wasn't great, but at least Pixar was trying. Let's see if Disney can pull off the same effort.

 

Moana and Coco were indeed phenomenal. Can't tell you how many times I've watched them. I even got to see Moana before it's release. I was down at Disney and received a special invite to vacation club members, they set up a theater on the beach at the Polynesian resort. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah wasn't expecting that to be so dark. And the music choice was a pleasant surprise.

 

I definitely felt like Frozen was a good little step up from Tangled, especially in terms of music. It's unfortunate that it became so overplayed and basically ruined from that, because before that happened, I really liked the movie. I'll have to break with the ranks and admit I just couldn't enjoy Moana as much. I didn't feel like the story or the music held up as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moana was pretty meh imo. Nothing was bad about it... just nothing really stuck with me. Frozen’s music was much catchier and enjoyable which made the film better than it probably actually is. I think the music getting played to death works against it and makes the movie seem worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How are there this many people that enjoyed Frozen? The movie is just a mess. Characters don't act in ways that make any in-universe logic nor does the story make a lick of sense. The movie flows like a film that was rewritten in the lead up to post under a new director that had nothing but contempt for film's original direction.

 

None of Frozen's problems are ones that Moana or even Tangled has. Moana is just neat and tidy all the way through. It's also the closest, I believe, Disney had ever gotten to recreating the magic Studio Ghibli has been cranking out for decades; only they also managed to throw in a ton of great music on top of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was lukewarm on Coco, Moana, and Frozen (in order from best to least best). All were good to varying degrees, but none were great. It might be that the Disney Animation / Pixar formula is . . . getting formulaic because I was mostly bored by all three movies (with some touching and humorous moments interspersed).

 

For music, Moana was the best, followed by Coco, and then Frozen, for me. It's been too long since I saw Tangled for me to comment on the music in that one.

 

No music in them, but Inside Out and Up remain the high watermarks for me, and Kubo and the Two Strings is better than all of them arguably. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Characters don't act in ways that make any in-universe logic nor does the story make a lick of sense.

Yeah, that's partly because they kind of decided to do a 180 on the story with part way into production.  Elsa was originally supposed to be the villain.

24 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

...Kubo and the Two Strings is better than all of them arguably. 

Kubo was so good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Yeah, that's partly because they kind of decided to do a 180 on the story with part way into production.  Elsa was originally supposed to be the villain.

Kubo was so good.

 

Wasn't that purely for marketing reasons? Like, her song was too good for a villain, so let's switch things up. That's how you tell a good story, right there. The movie is just so unevenly paced, but it never becomes truly bad. It just slinks away into forgettable territory.

 

I just rewatched the movie like three times, so the mess is very fresh in my head.

 

Kids. I'm so happy my kids like Moana and Coco a lot more than either Tangled or Frozen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

Wasn't that purely for marketing reasons? Like, her song was too good for a villain, so let's switch things up. That's how you tell a good story, right there.

Something like that.  When they heard the song that was written it ended up playing more empowering than sinister and something something marketing girl toys and boom, Elsa is a hero now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slug said:

Something like that.  When they heard the song that was written it ended up playing more empowering than sinister and something something marketing girl toys and boom, Elsa is a hero now.

 

Ah, yes. The empowering power ballad about throwing away your home and family to live as a hermit that doesn't care about the wintery death you've laid upon the innocent citizens of the country you just promised to shepherd like two hours earlier.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

 

Quote

Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she'll set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In “Frozen,” Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In “Frozen 2,” she must hope they are enough. From the Academy Award®-winning team—directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, producer Peter Del Vecho and songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez—and featuring the voices of Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad, “Frozen 2” opens in U.S. theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...