Cocaine Mitch imitates The Onion: There's not "much that we can do" about school shootings

“I don’t think at the federal level there’s much that we can do other than appropriate funds,” McConnell said at an event with community leaders in the city of Danville during Congress’s Fourth of July week-long recess, according to The Lexington Herald-Leader.

The Kentucky Republican also said that improvements to school security might be the best solution — though, he added, Congress could do little on that front either.

“You would think, given how much it takes to get on an American plane or given how much it takes to get into courthouses, that this might be something that we could achieve, but I don’t think we could do that from Washington, I think it’s basically a local decision,” he said.

“It’s a darn shame that’s where we are, but this epidemic is something that’s got all of our attention,” he added. “And I know it’s got the attention of every school superintendent in the country."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mcconnell-there-s-not-much-federal-government-can-do-respond-n888676