~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
2user1cup

Grocery delivery

A stranger is doing my grocery shopping.. am I a terrible person? Or am I creating jobs???? I'm so confused! I feel guilty and also I don't feel like doing it!

I’ve thought about joining that gig economy, shopping for or picking up food for people too lazy to do it themselves, but my car is the biggest potential drain on my expenses. I can easily imagine any extra money I make going right back into my shitty car.

8 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Lol you’re paying for a service. What’s there to feel guilty about?

I just hope the workers are paid okay, I gave a nice tip (20% of the bill). I'm not sure how else they would get paid... I bet some never tip though or tip low.

1 hour ago, 2user1cup said:

I just hope the workers are paid okay, I gave a nice tip (20% of the bill). I'm not sure how else they would get paid... I bet some never tip though or tip low.

Good tip. 

Also I would use this type of service but I’m so picky. I like to make sure things like milk and yogurt are always the most lastest date. Also with my fruit I like to pick and choose only the best.  I’m worried that the person doing my shopping for me won’t be as picky. 

2 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Did they not charge a delivery fee?

2 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Did they not charge a delivery fee?

Of course they do.

I use the online ordering and pickup. I hate grocery shopping. And there's no fee for pickup. I've never tipped for that service, though.

Grocery shopping is my absolute fave. Not paying someone to take away this life pleasure away from me.

My wife does Walmart/Kroger/HEB curbside pickup for online orders. She likes it a lot, especially because she can “send me to the store” and I don’t have to find anything, just pick the order up.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

Grocery shopping is my absolute fave. Not paying someone to take away this life pleasure away from me.

I'm the same way.   I love going to the grocery store and hand picking everything, which then helps create meal ideas.  

5 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

The problem when I go is I get too many ideas and end up with way more than I needed 

be a good person and cook up some of that extra food and feed it to those in need.  

11 hours ago, Jose said:

I used to like shopping but I'm starting not to be able to stand it. First peeve are dumb oblivious people.  The ones that will block an entire aisle with their cart and their body.  Then the other are aisles that are too small because the store sets up big cardboard display stands everywhere not allowing two people with carts to walk by each other.  

We have had our groceries delivered a few times.  Its always been a great experience.  The person doing the shopping will txt a bunch of questions while they are shopping like how green/yellow you want the bananas, or how thin do you want lunch meat sliced.  I liked it but we're trying to save money where we can and I dont always want to spend an extra $20-30 between fee/tip to have it delivered. 

11 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

The problem when I go is I get too many ideas and end up with way more than I needed 

Another reason my wife likes online ordering. Helps avoid extra purchases.

10 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

be a good person and cook up some of that extra food and feed it to those in need.  

Seems like a legal risk 

47 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Seems like a legal risk 

True, but you should do it anyway.  You just tell them I told you do it, if you get caught. YW

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Of course they do.

I use the online ordering and pickup. I hate grocery shopping. And there's no fee for pickup. I've never tipped for that service, though.

I’m sure they do lol I said that so OP would clue in that they get paid from that too 

1 hour ago, 2user1cup said:

It's a good thing you're looking out for those starving kids in Africa when you shop.

1 hour ago, kittykat said:

I’m sure they do lol I said that so OP would clue in that they get paid from that too 

Thing is the fee is 3.99, what does the company get? Am I really paying someone under 4.00 for driving to and from, and then back home, and for an hour of work less than minimum wage without a tip???

I just placed my order for pickup. It’s only $3 compared to $15 for delivery. I don’t mind doing the drive it’s the actual shopping part that sucks!

5 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I don’t particularly care for food shopping but doing it myself is the only way to ensure the quality of the produce and meats I buy.  

At my grocery chain when they first started this service they advertised that you will always get the best stuff picked out. I read into it and I guess this is an important point of training the staff because it’s the #1 concern of customers who are unsure about trying it. I’ve always been happy and impressed with what they pick out for me. They definitely aren’t careless and pick only the best stuff. 

I just went grocery shopping an hour ago. You lazy fucks. Go get your own shit. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I just went grocery shopping an hour ago. You lazy fucks. Go get your own shit. 

No imma pay someone to do it

5 hours ago, kittykat said:

At my grocery chain when they first started this service they advertised that you will always get the best stuff picked out. I read into it and I guess this is an important point of training the staff because it’s the #1 concern of customers who are unsure about trying it. I’ve always been happy and impressed with what they pick out for me. They definitely aren’t careless and pick only the best stuff. 

Yep, these people work at the grocery store, they know what good product is. They could probably pick it out better than you can.