The Next Terminator Movie's Title is...

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

I really liked Terminator 3 and was pissed they didn’t continue that story with those actors. 

I liked the guy who played Connor partly because I didn't know who he was, so it was easier to look at him as this future leader. Christian Bale is a terrific actor, but I didn't see him as the kid from Terminator 2. It was impossible. I saw Christian Bale and I saw Bruce Wayne. It doesn't mean I can't see Bale in big roles because I've seen him in plenty of roles, but once we've already established this John Connor character, I'd rather a big name not take over the adult version.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I liked the guy who played Connor partly because I didn't know who he was, so it was easier to look at him as this future leader. Christian Bale is a terrific actor, but I didn't see him as the kid from Terminator 2. It was impossible. I saw Christian Bale and I saw Bruce Wayne. It doesn't mean I can't see Bale in big roles because I've seen him in plenty of roles, but once we've already established this John Connor character, I'd rather a big name not take over the adult version.

Yeah exactly.  I loved that guy as Connor and what's her name as the generals daughter.  I wanted to see how they came to lead the resistance. 

Each movie after T2 presented great ideas, but they just never knew how to focus on them correctly...

T3 - We can't kill John Connor, so lets go and kill his generals that no one gives a fuck about

T4 - We're in the future, but the ray guns and Skynet and the big machines don't exist yet. Humans are trying to fight them off with whatever technology they have left. Connor isn't just the leader of the world (yet), and he's actually a terminator himself because he died and no one really knew who he was anyways (if the studio wouldn't have altered the ending just because it leaked to fans early)

T5 - Connor becomes an evil terminator (I only ever saw this once, so I don't remember much about it).

If Cameron takes these ideas and plugs them in to his "T3", I'd be happy.

I WANT to believe but I'll be cautious in any optimism. Personally 3 was the first I saw in theaters, I didn't hate it but it hasn't aged well. The Bale film I didn't hate either and hoped to see what would come thereafter but that was pulled. Genysis was on paper a solid theory but in execution, done poorly.

Also, why wasn't it "No Fate" as "No Fate But What We Make"? Grrrrr

40 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Terminator movies blew it at the beginning of the second one with the stupid T-1000. There was nothing cyborg about that thing so no way could it travel through time. 

Skynet must've been dumb and forgot how time travel worked. or maybe it perfected it. 

I'm just glad they got rid of Jason Clarke. I don't understand why the keep casting him in movies. 

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The Terminator movies blew it at the beginning of the second one with the stupid T-1000. There was nothing cyborg about that thing so no way could it travel through time. 

As much as I love that movie that ALWAYS bugged me about the T-1000... exactly what part of that thing was supposed to be organic?

I mean, if you're going to be nitpicking about what material can time travel in a movie about time-travelling robots...I don't know what to tell you. Like all movies, the rules don't make sense to begin with. After all, when the first attempt on Connor's life failed, the timeline would have been irrevocably changed, and skynet wouldn't even have a memory of sending the first attempt, so it wouldn't know to try again at a different time. Really, if you think about it, the T-1000 was sent from an entirely different future from the T-800. So if you really need to justify the T-1000 going back in time, you can just say that it's a different future altogether and in this one, time travel is not limited to organic material.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

How many times have they done the “forget everything after 2” attempt on this franchise now?

Just once, with Terminator: Genysis. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is very much a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Terminator: Salvation is very much a direct sequel to Terminator 3 (it's even written by the same guys who wrote Terminator 3), they just re-cast the roles of John Connor and Kate Brewster from Nick Stahl and Claire Danes to Christian Bale and Bryce Dallas Howard. 

Really still enjoy Terminator 3 (particularly its ending) and Terminator: Salvation (beautifully shot, great action) and would liked to have seen a sequel to Salvation. But if they have to cut ties, it's best to start after Terminator 2 again at least.

I mean, Halloween (which I haven't seen) just did that by being a direct sequel to the first Halloween movie and ignoring all the other ones, so it's do-able I guess. Prometheus and Alien: Covenant do the same thing by ignoring everything after Aliens (not even sure Ridley Scott counts Aliens even). 

• 2 months later...