Melatonin

SuperSpreader

2 hours ago, Nokra said:

I took a melatonin pill yesterday and it didn't seem to do shit. I read for an hour until I was able to fall asleep, which was also nice. :sun:

I find that it takes 45-60 minutes for melatonin to do its thing. And it doesn't knock you out or anything, just helps you start to feel a bit sleepy. 

24 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Get yourself some Death Star marijuana and you’ll be out in like 30minutes. 

Marijuana turns me into a unstable psychopath who laughs about murderous thoughts and then explains them to people.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is how I would kill you hahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahHhahHhhahahHHHahahHhahahaha

Not joking. :(

37 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The more to take melatonin the less it will work. Probably best to do a sleep study if you are really struggling to get a decent amount of sleep.

I generally have zero issues falling asleep, it's just the past few days and it's making me exhausted all day. I have some personal work life decisions and issues to sort out.

6 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I find that it takes 45-60 minutes for melatonin to do its thing. And it doesn't knock you out or anything, just helps you start to feel a bit sleepy. 

Hmm for some reason I was thinking it should only take 30 minutes. Thanks for the info! 

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

The more to take melatonin the less it will work. Probably best to do a sleep study if you are really struggling to get a decent amount of sleep.

I also didn't know this, so it's good I am learning so much about the drugs I'm putting in my body. :p Thanks guys!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nokra said:

I took a melatonin pill yesterday and it didn't seem to do shit. I read for an hour until I was able to fall asleep, which was also nice. :sun:

I went to a doctor because I went about three months with no to little sleep. Melatonin takes about a week to work it's something you have to take regulary and it helps you fall asleep but doesn't keep you asleep. At least that's what I was told. 

5 hours ago, Triage said:

I went to a doctor because I went about three months with no to little sleep. Melatonin takes about a week to work it's something you have to take regulary and it helps you fall asleep but doesn't keep you asleep. At least that's what I was told. 

15 hours ago, Nokt said:

The more you take melatonin the less it will work. Probably best to do a sleep study if you are really struggling to get a decent amount of sleep.

:wat:

I'm confused. :lol:

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I am too!

@Nokt how did you get your information and when? I went to a doctor since I'm having issues sleeping so either my doctor is wrong or your source. My doctor said to take it daily at night time give it at least a week and if needed increase the dose but it'll take time. 

3 hours ago, Triage said:

I am too!

@Nokt how did you get your information and when? I went to a doctor since I'm having issues sleeping so either my doctor is wrong or your source. My doctor said to take it daily at night time give it at least a week and if needed increase the dose but it'll take time. 

I have false information. Its just what I was always told growing up, but looking around the web that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll ask my brother when I get home from work, he doesn't specialize in sleep (surgeon), but he always has some good general information towards what steps you should take.

Either way I'd still take a sleep study if you are having trouble sleeping often.

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

My information was wrong. Don't listen to that.

Still highly recommend a sleep study with how many people I've seen it help.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:08 AM, Triage said:

I am too!

I finally got around to asking my brother what he would recommend, but it wasn't very helpful.

I asked him about sleep studies and he said those are really only helpful for sleep apnea. Melatonin and other things like weighted blankets can help, but its just best to go see a doctor specializing in sleep if you have a hard time sleeping.