Sign in to follow this  
Bataar

Microsoft Xbox One X Load Times

I have an original Xbox One and am wondering if the Xbox One X has faster load times. I only have an HDTV so I've been holding off on the X until I got a 4K TV, but if it improves load times, I might have to reconsider. When playing games like Assassin's Creed: Odyssey or Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the load times during fast travel is really long. Would that be faster?

Load times are probably not improved and also most likely depends on the game. I have Vermintide 2 on an external HD and the load times are pretty long, but playing a game like Apex or something and it's somewhat quick.

I have both an original and an x. I can tell you from limited experience (the original does not get much use) that the X does everything faster including load times. 

8 hours ago, HGLatinBoy said:

Does anyone know if they fixed the M3 controller issue with it so that it can actually take advantage of SSD speeds?

I assume so. I have seen site post load time improvements on the One X when using a SSD vs the internal HDD. 

Though on its own the One X is supposed to have improved load times already. Using the same external I saw improved load times, and it wasn’t a SSD. 

2 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Will next gen systems have SSD?  Can the price stay reasonable if they ship with a 1TB SSD?

SSDs are pretty cheap now so I don't see it having a huge impact on prices. Will they have them is a good question though. :p

Yeah. I gave my son my OG xbox when i got my x. It’s a substantial difference.