Assassin’s Creed III Remastered releasing on March 29

Pikachu

5 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

"Derrr, this one sucked, remaster the first game!"

Hoo, boy, if you think this one sucked...

They could make the first one better without a full overhaul. But 3 would need to be a new fucking game.

That said, never beat AC1 because it was fucking BORING. 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's been a decade since I played it and I remember being really excited about the setting, then being let down by how bland it was. It wasn't unplayable, just forgettable. I'd like to see it redone, or maybe an all new AC set during the Crusades. 

I still liked the first one better than 3, though. 

They could make a game with a younger version of Altaïr's mentor, the guy that goes mad at the end. See how he became an Assassin, went crazy looking for the pieces of Eden, etc. 

The only thing I remember about Assassin's Creed 1 was the hype behind it and the lackluster reviews when it released.

It stuck out to me because that was around the time I decided against getting a PS3 close to launch since $600 was extreme. And while I did get a 360 for Hailo, I remember so many games releasing ended up disappointing. Lair was another that I remembered hype for and it just bombed.

This was also partly based off of how badly I was following the gaming scene since 2007 was an excellent year lol.

I enjoyed the first one. Sure it was pretty repetitive and could be a bit boring at times but I enjoyed the mystery of the story and the modern day setting the most. Also I think it was my first “open world”. I remember going to my GF at the time “see that spot all the way over there? I can go there” Each subsiquent game has gotten further and further away from the ideas of the first. I enjoyed have to do missions to unlock the assassinations. Learning guard changes, time of day, where the target would be etc... I also really enjoyed that you weren’t some badass. You were supposed to stay hidden or run away. The emphasis on staying hidden within the crowd or figuring out a way to stay on the roof tops was a lot of fun. I can’t remember another game where I couldn’t wait to play the next one from a story stand point. I can surely recognize all the faults, and there were many, but I still really really enjoyed the game. Plus AC2 was the first game my wife ever watched me play. It’s her favorite series. And it would be fun to get a remaster of the original so I can go back

and show her where it started. 

36 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I enjoyed the first one. Sure it was pretty repetitive and could be a bit boring at times but I enjoyed the mystery of the story and the modern day setting the most. Also I think it was my first “open world”. I remember going to my GF at the time “see that spot all the way over there? I can go there” Each subsiquent game has gotten further and further away from the ideas of the first. I enjoyed have to do missions to unlock the assassinations. Learning guard changes, time of day, where the target would be etc... I also really enjoyed that you weren’t some badass. You were supposed to stay hidden or run away. The emphasis on staying hidden within the crowd or figuring out a way to stay on the roof tops was a lot of fun. I can’t remember another game where I couldn’t wait to play the next one from a story stand point. I can surely recognize all the faults, and there were many, but I still really really enjoyed the game. Plus AC2 was the first game my wife ever watched me play. It’s her favorite series. And it would be fun to get a remaster of the original so I can go back 

and show her where it started. 

These are the reasons I like the first game and why I don't want to repeat my comments in every thread this comes up in.

The first one had a pretty good story in and outside of the animus. The rise of Altair, seeing him get betrayed and Maria, that female Templar that was never revisited. But also the Desmond stuff was ok because they hadn't gone off the deep end with the lore yet, he was just a guy held captive by a doctor.

The first one established awesome locations in time that you can climb on. Like climbing on Dome of the Rock for instance. And though there wasn't anything to do in "the kingdom" I liked the idea that it was there because you had to travel between that and the cities. In the later games, really after Revelations the verticallity, and climbing was less special, with 3 and liberation it was a lot of climbing trees and running on land because there were no dense clusters of buildings.

The first game lived up to the name "assassin" because it was about setting up for an assassination, not getting detected was paramount because if you got spotted the guards could actually kill you, running away was important. In later games you just turn into god of combat and can kill anyone in any way you can.

They did the same thing with Prince of Persia.  It's like they make a game, have no idea what that little bit of magic they captured is and go in a really stupid direction after that.  They made the prince this emo badass which to this day I can't comprehend why they thought that's what people wanted out that series.

38 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

They did the same thing with Prince of Persia.  It's like they make a game, have no idea what that little bit of magic they captured is and go in a really stupid direction after that.  They made the prince this emo badass which to this day I can't comprehend why they thought that's what people wanted out that series.

Godsmack doe!

• Haha 1

3 was bloated and Connor was poorly directed, but the game mechanics and some of the set pieces were pretty good. 

Also AC 1 was fine, provided you didn't try to do everything. The stalking, beat up, "random" interactions, dialog... it's just copy/pasted all over the missions/areas. And Altair in that game is even more wooden than Connor which is saying something.

3 was mainly ok by the story and the pirate ship stuff. The controls were dumbed down (like you no longer had to hold the right trigger and A to free run) and it hurt the game because you'd routinely climb the wrong thing, same with the targeting system. Also, it was the buggiest game of the series I played and ended up killing my 360.