State of Union thread

2 hours ago, Commodore D said:

No bait, just how I felt. 

You felt that, while a cultural and social values war is literally being waged by one side aggressively for 3 years now, it's self-aggrandizing to cheer and clap for the side under attack the few rare times you get a proper shout out in a shitty speech from that same despicable side?

That's quite the hot take. 

34 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You felt that, while a cultural and social values war is literally being waged by one side aggressively for 3 years now, it's self-aggrandizing to cheer and clap for the side under attack the few rare times you get a proper shout out in a shitty speech from that same despicable side?

That's quite the hot take. 

That just started three years ago and is only coming from one side? OK! Matter of fact, LOL!!!!!!!! at that. 

Edit 24 minutes later: I thought about it and laughed hard again. Thanks for that, you made a good day even better.

3 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I heard some good things about Stacey Abrams' response. Did anyone watch it? Was it worthwhile?

I did... I had to edit a piece about her response last night for air. She did a really good job of personalizing her story, being positive and upbeat and staying on offense about the shut down and voter suppression. The only problem was the staging was very weird and her lighting made her look like she was shot on a green screen and poorly composited with an audience in the back. Very strange... other than that she did a very good job. Look for more from her in the future.

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I thought she was boring. She couldn't keep my attention.

Which is the way all of these things should be. Just get rid of it and go back to letters. In fact, have the letters read by a neutral government official instead, like in some countries' throne speeches! Unfortunately the US has no separate head of state to do that.

2 hours ago, Commodore D said:

That just started three years ago and is only coming from one side? OK! Matter of fact, LOL!!!!!!!! at that. 

Edit 24 minutes later: I thought about it and laughed hard again. Thanks for that, you made a good day even better.

Umm . . . all the latent racism and sexism (among other things) that the GOP has become is certainly coming from one side, so what the fuck are you talking about? What war have progressives started on conservatives that is affecting them so badly in terms of cultural or social values that suppresses and oppresses them?

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Umm . . . all the latent racism and sexism (among other things) that the GOP has become is certainly coming from one side, so what the fuck are you talking about? What war have progressives started on conservatives that is affecting them so badly in terms of cultural or social values that suppresses and oppresses them?

You're talking to someone who was offended by a commercial with the message 'hey maybe it's a bad idea for men to harass women and tolerate their son's bullying'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

There is a reason Trump won, that people that voted for Obama voted for Trump, but yeah, its been discussed many times, even here, but I guess you've missed all that, or ignored it since it doesn't fit your "oppression." 

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

You're talking to someone who was offended by a commercial with the message 'hey maybe it's a bad idea for men to harass women and tolerate their son's bullying'.

Lol. My main issue was with the portrayal that only some men are good. You know, like you all had an issue with Trump saying some Mexicans are good.

6 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

There is a reason Trump won, that people that voted for Obama voted for Trump, but yeah, its been discussed many times, even here, but I guess you've missed all that, or ignored it since it doesn't fit your "oppression." 

This sentence literally makes no sense. Yes, people voted for a populist, but they chose the wrong one because people are stupid.

What does any of that have to do with the alt-right war on cultural and social values? 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

This sentence literally makes no sense. Yes, people voted for a populist, but they chose the wrong one because people are stupid.

What does any of that have to do with the alt-right war on cultural and social values? 

Ah, the people are stupid response; I guess there is nothing more that can be said.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

A smirking white kid with a MAGA hat has literally had death threats and calls for complete doxxing to block him from ever going to college or gaining any kind of meaningful employment. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of frothing at the mouth lunatic liberals want this kid either dead, or basically completely non-personed. And that is just one example, because it happens to any white male having the audacity to express any kind of conservative opinion. 

People are tired of living in liberal lunacy clown world, where everyone must now walk on eggshells because if you say anything that members of the permanently offended class don't like your career can be ruined. Even minorities like Kevin Hart are finding out they aren't safe either. Say anything that dares to question the golden liberal truth and you literally run the risk if your livelihood being ruined. I'd qualify that as suppressing and oppressing people.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

You're a smart guy, you should know by now that there are some people here who just aren't worth engaging, unless you just want to bash your head against a wall over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dodger said:

A smirking white kid with a MAGA hat has literally had death threats and calls for complete doxxing to block him from ever going to college or gaining any kind of meaningful employment. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of frothing at the mouth lunatic liberals want this kid either dead, or basically completely non-personed. And that is just one example, because it happens to any white male having the audacity to express any kind of conservative opinion. 

People are tired of living in liberal lunacy clown world, where everyone must now walk on eggshells because if you say anything that members of the permanently offended class don't like your career can be ruined. Even minorities like Kevin Hart are finding out they aren't safe either. Say anything that dares to question the golden liberal truth and you literally run the risk if your livelihood being ruined. I'd qualify that as suppressing and oppressing people.

Ah yes, because conservatives NEVER send death threats to people that dont deserve it.

DnasOPuUcAAwufd.jpg

And yes, I am aware that Kavanaugh's wife was also sent death threats too.  My point is that sending death threats is wrong, but retards from all walks of life do it.  People do it over sports, movies, comic books, cartoons, video games, etc.  Don't act like it's only the big bad SJW boogeymen that do this shit.