State of Union thread

4 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Only God can save me now 

You who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 

But, all is not lost

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Ah yes, because conservatives NEVER send death threats to people that dont deserve it.

DnasOPuUcAAwufd.jpg

And yes, I am aware that Kavanaugh's wife was also sent death threats too.  My point is that sending death threats is wrong, but retards from all walks of life do it.  People do it over sports, movies, comic books, cartoons, video games, etc.  Don't act like it's only the big bad SJW boogeymen that do this shit.

The irony is that Dodger thinks if you're in showbiz, you should have thick enough skin to handle death threats or else you shouldn't be in showbiz. MAGA teen is liberal lunacy, but in some careers, just expect death threats. No biggie.

Curious. :hmm:

18 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're a smart guy, you should know by now that there are some people here who just aren't worth engaging, unless you just want to bash your head against a wall over and over.

17 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

After his exchanges with Boyle recently, I kinda do think that's what he gets off on :p 

Honestly, I need to heed all of this advice better - I have a bad tendency to keep believing with each new user when this comes up that if you just talk it out calmly with logical points their minds can be changed since the truths I'm speaking about are so self-evident. I'm learning again and again their minds cannot be changed, so you'll probably see me try less and less as time goes on. :p 

17 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I mean, there's clearly just built up sexual tension between the two of them. 

:wat:

14 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

This is true.  

Guys, stop giving the game away! Otherwise the jig will be up, as they say. 

12 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

I should have two user accounts, tbh.  Would make everyone else’s life easier.  

If you're going to be this confusing about it, please YES. :p 

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Honestly, I need to heed all of this advice better - I have a bad tendency to keep believing with each new user when this comes up that if you just talk it out calmly with logical points their minds can be changed since the truths I'm speaking about are so self-evident. I'm learning again and again their minds cannot be changed, so you'll probably see me try less and less as time goes on. :p 

Guys, stop giving the game away! Otherwise the jig will be up, as they say. 

If you're going to be this confusing about it, please YES. :p 

(bolded) Exactly how feel. It funny to a point, but then it gets tiresome, hence why I took a six month hiatus from here (disappointingly missed out on the Kavanaugh discussion here, that had to be beyond comical, great ups and downs). I'm never interested in changing anyone's mind, its not important and most likely wont affect me in the long run. I am always fine meeting people where they are, and respectfully disagreeing, because more often than not, outside of that disagreement there is probably far more common ground of where we can enjoy each other. I will say, the exchange you had with me in this thread did seem uncharacteristic for you; you always seemed to be one of the more level head posters here.

15 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

(bolded) Exactly how feel. It funny to a point, but then it gets tiresome, hence why I took a six month hiatus from here (disappointingly missed out on the Kavanaugh discussion here, that had to be beyond comical, great ups and downs). I'm never interested in changing anyone's mind, its not important and most likely wont affect me in the long run. I am always fine meeting people where they are, and respectfully disagreeing, because more often than not, outside of that disagreement there is probably far more common ground of where we can enjoy each other. I will say, the exchange you had with me in this thread did seem uncharacteristic for you; you always seemed to be one of the more level head posters here.

Off topic, but... If you’re FuhrerD, I want to let you know that third-party Kinect adapter works flawlessly on the XboneX. You kept asking me after I purchased it, but I didn’t have an X yet so couldn’t answer. :p 

59 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

I'm just growing increasingly tired of this "good/bad people on both sides" debate because it is patently untrue - it's not specifically you, but it is flatly disingenuous to argue that both sides have been equally vicious to each other.

Given 73% (or something along those lines) of all shootings in 2018 were conducted by alt-right/white supremacist terrorists, the difference in proportion between the sides is so big in the war on cultural and social values that to suggest otherwise implies you either don't see the difference in proportion or don't care. I'm fine with differences in opinions between people, but advocating for a side that is indefensible strikes me as a bit repulsive. 

9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

The irony is that Dodger thinks if you're in showbiz, you should have thick enough skin to handle death threats or else you shouldn't be in showbiz. MAGA teen is liberal lunacy, but in some careers, just expect death threats. No biggie.

Curious. :hmm:

There is a huge difference between "being in showbiz" and being a random person in the news. There is a difference between being Stephen Colbert and MAGA kid. It's sad that's the reality these days, it just seems if you are even quasi famous, you're going to get death threats. I don't agree with it, but if you get famous you sadly just need to expect it.

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm just growing increasingly tired of this "good/bad people on both sides" debate because it is patently untrue - it's not specifically you, but it is flatly disingenuous to argue that both sides have been equally vicious to each other.

Given 73% (or something along those lines) of all shootings in 2018 were conducted by alt-right/white supremacist terrorists, the difference in proportion between the sides is so big in the war on cultural and social values that to suggest otherwise implies you either don't see the difference in proportion or don't care. I'm fine with differences in opinions between people, but advocating for a side that is indefensible strikes me as a bit repulsive. 

Yeah I'm going to need a source for this 73%, or you need to phrase it better. This isn't for 2018 and it's not specifically "shootings" but blacks commit over 50% of homocides in the US

When you hear of some crazy weekend in Chicago with 50+ shootings, yeah it's not 73% white people doing it. A big chunk of crime in America is black people killing.... other black people.

19 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

(bolded) From your position it may feel like that, and I wont (or at least try not to, sometimes I fail in delivery) completely dismiss that position. From where I stand, and my day to day interactions, I see the viciousness on both ends; which basically boils down to, since you disagree with me on this point, you are <insert what that person despises>. I will never be a person that leans totally on way or the other as it doesn't make sense to me, especially because I know people who staunchly lean one way or the other and they are genuinely good people.

(underlined) That seems like a really high number, but you are only talking about mass shootings correct? See, that is not something I would separate out, shooting people (unwarrantedly) is vile in any way shape or form, no matter how many victims. Think about it for a second, if you asked a person living in the slums of Chicago, which shooter is more threatening (who they worry about) to them, they will probably say a gang member before the right wing nut, heck, they'd probably say the police before them as well. Now the suburban mom would probably say the right wing nut. Neither answer is wrong, just different. 

(strike through) I'm sure that there are things you feel are right, as repulsively indefensible to others. which is fine in both cases, just don't interfere with that person if they aren't harming other, and don't demean people that don't accept your repulsiveness. 

45 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

100% of extremist linked or based murders were by people with links to the extreme right

https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

27 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

100% of extremist linked or based murders were by people with links to the extreme right

https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

Crazy!!!  

So in 2017 48% were from the left and in 2016 79% were from the left.  

You would think that 2018 would be filled with more left leaning murders due to people being fed up with all the bullshit coming from the right.  

For comparison, only 62% of extremist killings in 2017 were committed by right-wing extremists, and only 21% in 2016.”