Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

I really love this game now. At first I thought it needed a solo mode, but the ping system has totally changed me on that. I've had so many cool moments due to being in a squad - solid flank attacks and distraction plays, good teamwork and cooperation, no toxicity except for maybe a few assholes who prefer to loot their teammates box rather than respawn them and let them gear back up. I don't think this game will be as fun on your own. Duos or a large scale team battle (20v20) could be cool, and a solo mode will probably come eventually, but squad is where it's at. 

Yeah, i really don't get people asking for solo mode, it'd be absolute chaos as the map really isn't that big and people move so fast, just constantly getting shot in the back, 75% the lobby would be dead in 30 seconds, and then it'd be a slow slog to the end as it can already be a pain to find the last 2 teams.  Thats before you even get into the fact that like 2 characters would even be good at solo play, Wraith and Bangalore.

I'm really loving this game. Just wish I could find a permanent 3rd :cry: Me and my buddy always end up with a bad third. They either go off and do their own thing or when the battles get going they run away and hide and don't want to actually come back for our banners. Watching g the cam they just stay in the corner healing and never attempt to revive us. Just get players that play for themselves and not as a squad. With that being said we are still having a blast.

Just also wish that the cosmetics weren't so expensive even for Fortnite standards. Looking forward to the battle pass 

47 minutes ago, The def star said:

I'm really loving this game. Just wish I could find a permanent 3rd :cry: Me and my buddy always end up with a bad third. They either go off and do their own thing or when the battles get going they run away and hide and don't want to actually come back for our banners. Watching g the cam they just stay in the corner healing and never attempt to revive us. Just get players that play for themselves and not as a squad. With that being said we are still having a blast.

Just also wish that the cosmetics weren't so expensive even for Fortnite standards. Looking forward to the battle pass 

I had the weirdest teammate last night. The person would never keep up with us as we ran place to place. We lasted a long time but 2 of us end up getting killed. I go to the weird guys camera who was still alive and he is hiding behind a rock nearby peeking out ever so slightly. The bad guys run away and he slowly comes out. I don't think the person knew how to sprint because he moved at walking speed the entire time. He came over and looked at our banners and then walked away leaving them there. Call me crazy but I spent the next 5 minutes just spectating the guy as he walked everywhere lol. He came in to a big clearing and in the distance 3 squads have each other pinned and it's mad gun fire going back and forth. He just walked straight to them. He walked so slowly and wasn't firing that nobody noticed him. I swear he got about 10ft away from an enemy and finally aimed down the sight hitting the person once. He was instantly taken out by 3 of them. 

Hopefully he/she was just a young child that had no idea how to play. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I had the weirdest teammate last night. The person would never keep up with us as we ran place to place. We lasted a long time but 2 of us end up getting killed. I go to the weird guys camera who was still alive and he is hiding behind a rock nearby peeking out ever so slightly. The bad guys run away and he slowly comes out. I don't think the person knew how to sprint because he moved at walking speed the entire time. He came over and looked at our banners and then walked away leaving them there. Call me crazy but I spent the next 5 minutes just spectating the guy as he walked everywhere lol. He came in to a big clearing and in the distance 3 squads have each other pinned and it's mad gun fire going back and forth. He just walked straight to them. He walked so slowly and wasn't firing that nobody noticed him. I swear he got about 10ft away from an enemy and finally aimed down the sight hitting the person once. He was instantly taken out by 3 of them. 

Hopefully he/she was just a young child that had no idea how to play. 

Wtf :lol:

8 hours ago, The def star said:

Play with me :batting:

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

@The Dude

I think this game is trash in its current alpha form but this kinda sounds like what you were wanting.  

https://mavericks.gg/article?articleId=19

It's definitely more interesting sounding than what current BRs are and something I'd try once it hits final release. Still as I've said the genre in general probably won't ever become any type of mainstay for me, but this definitely sounds way more interesting to me. Thanks for the heads up on it 

This game is finally starting to click for me and i'm actually starting to win while not being carried...yay.  It just took me a while to figure out which weapons work for me.  I gave up on shotties as they feel really RNG to me.  Also gave up on Wingman even though I heard the hype cause I just can't aim for shit with it.  I get more kills with the regular pistol.  Not sure if there is any meta on weapons yet, but Spitfire and Carbine are my bread and butter.

I still suck at this game.  I'm still just not "getting" combat.  It's not the game; I'm very clearly just bad.  But it's frustrating.  The damage numbers aren't clearly denoting what's happening.  The various armor-levels make figuring out how damaged an opponent really is unintuitive.  I sneak up and unload a magazine into someone's back and they turn around nonchalantly and kill me in a few quick shots.  Every time.  Is it like Counter Strike where nothing but headshots really matter?  I don't know.  I can hide and make it into the top squads; so I'm placing and advancing, but when an actual fight happens I'm dead weight.  I've stopped playing because it's not fair to make whatever randos get paired up with me basically have to 2v3 everyone because I'm functionally useless once shit goes down.  I don't mind being bad at a game, but I can't stand when my badness affects others' enjoyment.  I'll be back when solo mode is released; I'll still be terrible, but at least I won't be afflicting innocent bystanders with my shit play.

Thus far it doesnt seem to be a really solid meta, but Wingman w/ Skullpiercer  in the right hands will wreck most folk.  

I personally love the Devotion if I can find ample ammo for it and the Turbo Charger. I can have some amazing games with a Wingman but I'm a bit too inconsistent.  

I think a lot of it comes down to get a decent mag for a lot of the guns.  The default or Lvl 1 mags really leave a lot of the guns with such small clips that it's tough to get through a gun fight without having to reload constantly.  

Spitfire is one of the few guns with a nice size mag, especially if you can get to 60 rounds.  

17 minutes ago, Slug said:

I still suck at this game.  I'm still just not "getting" combat.  It's not the game; I'm very clearly just bad.  But it's frustrating.  The damage numbers aren't clearly denoting what's happening.  The various armor-levels make figuring out how damaged an opponent really is unintuitive.  I sneak up and unload a magazine into someone's back and they turn around nonchalantly and kill me in a few quick shots.  Every time.  Is it like Counter Strike where nothing but headshots really matter?  I don't know.  I can hide and make it into the top squads; so I'm placing and advancing, but when an actual fight happens I'm dead weight.  I've stopped playing because it's not fair to make whatever randos get paired up with me basically have to 2v3 everyone because I'm functionally useless once shit goes down.  I don't mind being bad at a game, but I can't stand when my badness affects others' enjoyment.  I'll be back when solo mode is released; I'll still be terrible, but at least I won't be afflicting innocent bystanders with my shit play.

The color of the numbers tells you what armor they have, white is 50, blue 75, purple/gold 100, and certain weapons like the wingman are broken imo, double headshot multiplier with no damage drop off for range has turned it into a weapon that can 3 shot anyone at any distance, unless you have a purple/gold helmet.  I don't necessarily mind that it does that much damage, but it needs more of a downside because therse no reason not to have one right now.

@Slug what weapons and character do you use?  Those extended mags are crucial.  I feel naked and vulnerable when I don't have one now.  

Set the dmg indicator to both in your settings too.  It helps me determine how much dmg I am doing per bullet + it adds the sum at the end.  Like I once unloaded a clip on a guy and it showed up as red 94, meaning he literally had 6 hp left.

Just now, eggydoo said:

@Slug what weapons and character do you use?  Those extended mags are crucial.  I feel naked and vulnerable when I don't have one now.  

Set the dmg indicator to both in your settings too.  It helps me determine how much dmg I am doing per bullet + it adds the sum at the end.  Like I once unloaded a clip on a guy and it showed up as red 94, meaning he literally had 6 hp left.

Weapons, I just use whatever the first 2 weapons I find are, for the most part.  I don't really have a preference because I'm never alive long enough once shooting starts to know if I like or dislike a certain one.  I never get to use any weapon for more than a few seconds per match before I'm eating dirt so, yeah.  Character-wise, I use Caustic mostly.  I like his theme more than the others.  I like playing villain characters in games.  If I'm not him I'm Bangalore or Lifeline depending on what the rest of the squad picks.

8 minutes ago, Slug said:

Weapons, I just use whatever the first 2 weapons I find are, for the most part.  I don't really have a preference because I'm never alive long enough once shooting starts to know if I like or dislike a certain one.  I never get to use any weapon for more than a few seconds per match before I'm eating dirt so, yeah.  Character-wise, I use Caustic mostly.  I like his theme more than the others.  I like playing villain characters in games.  If I'm not him I'm Bangalore or Lifeline depending on what the rest of the squad picks.

I don't know how accurate this info is but supposedly all the characters have a different sized hit box. Wraith is the absolute smallest character making her hard to hit in some situations. Gibraltar is the biggest followed by Caustic. A ton of people have chimed in to different threads on the Apex reddit claiming when they play Caustic/Gibralter/Pathfinder they die much faster. The reason being the characters are just larger making them easier targets. It's confirmed all characters move/sprint at the same speed. The bigger characters arms move slower while sprinting making them appear slower but they aren't. The size issue may be true though so try using a smaller character and see if you do any better. 

Size chart:

If you can find a few friends to play with it'll probably drastically improve your experience.  Squads of 3 are probably winning 80% of the matches.  The ping system is great but being able to make actual call outs, or call out what you need for items, ect make all the difference.  

You all are on a video game message board, set up some groups to play together rather than constantly running solos.  

21 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't know how accurate this info is but supposedly all the characters have a different sized hit box. Wraith is the absolute smallest character making her hard to hit in some situations. Gibraltar is the biggest followed by Caustic. A ton of people have chimed in to different threads on the Apex reddit claiming when they play Caustic/Gibralter/Pathfinder they die much faster. The reason being the characters are just larger making them easier targets. It's confirmed all characters move/sprint at the same speed. The bigger characters arms move slower while sprinting making them appear slower but they aren't. The size issue may be true though so try using a smaller character and see if you do any better. 

Size chart:

That is actually really interesting.  But while it may not be helping matters, I'm pretty sure the core of my badness isn't related to my bigness. :P

Think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while. It was fun but the same map is getting stale for me. People are getting so good at the game that I have to be on point every second. I counted up my kills and I have around 90 across all characters. I'm getting paired up with people that have 500-600+ kills with just one character. Also I'm not running into a lot of people with mics anymore. Or if they do use it, its to yell expletives right as they die. Ran into the most salty guy ever the other night. We're in the final 2 squads, he gets dropped first. After using no mic the whole game suddenly he comes on in the growliest whisper and say "it's 2 vs 1... get out there and get him....if you guys mess this up uninstall the game". Of course we messed it up because a second enemy ended up flanking us. Oops lol. 

4tUHUEo.jpg

37 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while. It was fun but the same map is getting stale for me. People are getting so good at the game that I have to be on point every second. I counted up my kills and I have around 90 across all characters. I'm getting paired up with people that have 500-600+ kills with just one character. Also I'm not running into a lot of people with mics anymore. Or if they do use it, its to yell expletives right as they die. Ran into the most salty guy ever the other night. We're in the final 2 squads, he gets dropped first. After using no mic the whole game suddenly he comes on in the growliest whisper and say "it's 2 vs 1... get out there and get him....if you guys mess this up uninstall the game". Of course we messed it up because a second enemy ended up flanking us. Oops lol. 

4tUHUEo.jpg

LOL - good players like him? You mean the dead guy watching his squad play?

Such a humble fellow.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

After using no mic the whole game suddenly he comes on in the growliest whisper and say "it's 2 vs 1... get out there and get him....if you guys mess this up uninstall the game". Of course we messed it up because a second enemy ended up flanking us. Oops lol. 

This is the reason I gave up using mics on this game period.  I've won plenty of times not using a mic.  There have been some games where a mic would have helped, but don't really want to talk to the 15yr old who thinks he is an Apex god and starts raging when he gets himself killed.

The issue with any Squad based game, is it always feels like its your teammates fault, not matter what. 

Overwatch was the worst with this.  Oh I died, its cause my dumb teammates weren't doing what they were supposed to do.  It's never your fault, always someone elses.  I'd like to say I dont suffer from this, but typically my initial thought is usually where the hell were my teammates I knocked one and weakened the second where the hell is my backup, all their fault.  I had to stop playing Overwatch cause of how frustrating it'd be playing at higher ranks.  

I love Apex, but without a more fleshed out Stat Tracker or Progression system, I feel less inclined to play right now.  I know thats shallow to say, but I like playing things where I unlock new shit or have stuff to earn.  So I'll ease up on it a bit til the March update hits.

6 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

4tUHUEo.jpg

I used to get messages like that playing Smite

CNkWKhKUEAAXCn1.jpg:large

CHCISrJUcAEBg_3.jpg:large

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Slug said:

To this day I can't get over how mad people get losing at video games.  :lol: Just another reason I hate being forced to squad with randos.  Screw that guy.

This is why I prefer solo mode... I play games for fun and relaxation. I'm competitive but with real life sports like Basketball and other stuff. Listening to some man baby whine in my ear about a fucking video game is not my idea of fun.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is why I prefer solo mode... I play games for fun and relaxation. I'm competitive but with real life sports like Basketball and other stuff. Listening to some man baby whine in my ear about a fucking video game is not my idea of fun.

But that's why you play with friends. I'd hope not all your friends are whiny man babies. :p