Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

People still play this? ;) I've already lost interest myself, I tend to with bare boned F2P titles. It was cool for a while but after growing so large in popularity, the lack of modes and now highly toxic community killed it for me. Like many others, Apex sparked my interest into going back to(or trying for the first time) Titanfall 2. 

That's why I don't get the incessant praise br gets in general.. Maybe it's a generation thing and I'm simply not in that mix, but I just personally don't get it nor how this stuff makes gazillions off skins. That's just me tho... For those that love it I say awesome but I can't get there when it comes to such barebone games either. 

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

People still play this? ;) I've already lost interest myself, I tend to with bare boned F2P titles. It was cool for a while but after growing so large in popularity, the lack of modes and now highly toxic community killed it for me. Like many others, Apex sparked my interest into going back to(or trying for the first time) Titanfall 2. 

Troll level maximum. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

That's why I don't get the incessant praise br gets in general.. Maybe it's a generation thing and I'm simply not in that mix, but I just personally don't get it nor how this stuff makes gazillions off skins. That's just me tho... For those that love it I say awesome but I can't get there when it comes to such barebone games either. 

We're in the same generation there fella and I love BR games. The tension is awesome and the fact that dying in a match has actual consequences takes me back to the arcade days of my childhood where dying on a game meant you lost actual MONEY. The skins thing? That's a generational thing... League of Legends makes a ton of money off of skins and shit and it took my assistant explaining it to me when I worked at Riot Games awhile back.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

We're in the same generation there fella and I love BR games. The tension is awesome and the fact that dying in a match has actual consequences takes me back to the arcade days of my childhood where dying on a game meant you lost actual MONEY. The skins thing? That's a generational thing... League of Legends makes a ton of money off of skins and shit and it took my assistant explaining it to me when I worked at Riot Games awhile back.

I think I just like games these days that give me more than just combat and to boot the br combat while tense, isn't my type overall. I can make kills but winning that type of match doesn't really motivate me at all. 

Believe me if I could find the love I would, I used the be the man that loves everything lol so when I can't find it I know there's a big disconnect.. 

I'm just not the type to discard games for the sake of it is all im sayin 

On 2/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, The Dude said:

Heres what would really grab me and that is having the loot matter in some way outside of randomization inside a BR. 

So what would excite me is if your loot hunts actually were weapons and armor you'd find to own, deepen the character building experience outside of randomized items In a match. 

And then perhaps have let's say a hardcore battle royale mode where you can go in with your earned loadouts and gear. 

Or even if they also had some added modes like CTF, BTB, TDM etc.. Maybe only 2 or 3 modes where again you could take your gear that you've hunted for and equip how you see fit. Destiny style if you will.

Just because it's a squad against all, or one man against all style doesn't mean they can't explore and deepen the loot aspect, character building. 

But then again hey if that's nothin that player base wants that's fine, but for me I just prefer more depth in loot hunts, character building etc 

If hunting in BR matches for exciting gold weapons and armor meant something in terms of enjoying that gear in other ways, I'd be all over that 

I would recommend looking into playing The Division, as the dark zone is very similar to what you described.

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think I just like games these days that give me more than just combat and to boot the br combat while tense, isn't my type overall. I can make kills but winning that type of match doesn't really motivate me at all. 

Believe me if I could find the love I would, I used the be the man that loves everything lol so when I can't find it I know there's a big disconnect.. 

I'm just not the type to discard games for the sake of it is all im sayin 

Hell I play these games for the thrill to be honest... I couldn't care less if I "win" or not :lol:

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hell I play these games for the thrill to be honest... I couldn't care less if I "win" or not :lol:

I admit that's part of my problem, I'm so competitive man... Honestly it's just how I'm wired lol like I said in another post in most PvP sessions if let's say I play 10 matches I generally end up 50 50 or better, and that gets me thru. 

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I admit that's part of my problem, I'm so competitive man... Honestly it's just how I'm wired lol like I said in another post in most PvP sessions if let's say I play 10 matches I generally end up 50 50 or better, and that gets me thru. 

I almost always end up in the top 20 of these games, but winning? Especially solo? Is tough. For a competitive side like yourself nothing could beat the rush of winning one of these matches :p

If you ever want to run duo's though,  let me know. I can't wait for Apex to intro solo mode. That's my preferred way of playing these games.

They could have been modes they tried out before they decided on groups of 3.

Just saying this in solo mode they would have to take away the abilities because some abilities would not work in a party of one or be overpowered, like Gibraltar would probably be good in a solo mode because his stuff is all about defense then he can drop mortars. Someone like pathfinder would really only have ziplines which is good but he'd get dominated by a bunch of single Gibraltars :p

Also the Respawn function which is big in this game would be moot for Solos. 

Duos I can see coming.

If enough people want solos they'll prob introduce it in some form.

Also, imagine a BR in this fashion with all the Overwatch heroes.  The possibilities.  

Had a nice 7 wins tonight in maybe 15/16 games.    Prob my best night yet, lots of high kill/high damage games.  

Really loving it still.

18 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I don't see solos ever happening, you'd literally never see some of the characters because their abilities aren't powerful unless you're in a squad.  Lifeline is a team healer, and calling in a care drop will just get you murdered.

She has one of the better passives though. She heals 25% faster than the other characters. Mix that with her drone that could heal herself every minute and she wouldn't be too bad to solo.

That's why I mentioned Pathfinder because other than his grappling hook he really has nothing else to offer a solo player. :p

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She has one of the better passives though. She heals 25% faster than the other characters. Mix that with her drone that could heal herself every minute and she wouldn't be too bad to solo.

That's why I mentioned Pathfinder because other than his grappling hook he really has nothing else to offer a solo player. :p

The problem i see with her is she doesn't help you win the fight you're currently in, like bloodhound he can find people but once the fight starts well you got nothing.  At least with a grappling hook you can change the dynamics of the fight or run away.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

At least with a grappling hook you can change the dynamics of the fight or run away.

You can get in / out on a 15 second cooldown, true, but if you're getting out you probably lost the fight. When the circle gets smaller a grappling hook will help you less.

Faster healing, healing and a drop of rare loot sounds a lot more appealing.

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think the real money is made from the parents of children who want to look cool in front of their friends and from adult "whales" who want to own everything because they can't control their spending habits. But the gameplay has to be good enough too and Apex is damned good. It's the best BR I've played and I hate the genre, so I guess I kind hate it less. I just can't be bothered with these games for long, no matter how polished they are, because they're really the same one mode over and over and over again. Some people feel that the randomness of the gun fights make these games less repetitve but whenever I start I always remember that i'm going to be doing a whole lot of running around equiping stuff over and over before I start shooting and then once I do get into a fight it's probably going to last a few seconds and I'm going to be staring at a loading screen or waiting for someone to revive me so I get frustrated and I'm already pissed off before I start playing and want to go watch YouTube or something else instead. (I need to re-evaluate my life)

Battle Royale games really are not for me even though Apex Legends is the best theire is and set in a universe I really like. I'm just not a try-hard competitive multiplayer lunatic. I'd rather play casual TDM games where you don't have to rely on teamates. I might try the game here and there once it's updated(probably won't bother at all), maybe if they add solo play. But right now one mode and a VERY slow grind isn't enough for to hold my interest.  

Respawning teammates is probably why I like Apex and hate all the rest, I win 2 games this morning and Respawning teammates was vital in both. Without it I'm dead and requeuing and left to wonder if the guys I left behind won. More interestingly I've seen people mostly try whatever they can to bring back their teammates despite being pugs, one guy ran deep into the storm to grab a teammates banner almost dying doing it, then run across an very hot area solo, with like 3 teams lighting each other up just to get to a respawn beacon, and we ended up winning with all 3 of us alive. 

I haven't run into much toxicity, i had 2 games where the other guys were obviously grouped and I don't know if this is a thing but both groups asked if i ate ass and then left before the drop, leaving me solo.  :confused:

Played a bunch more today with my friend and started to catch back up with others to the point that I can hold my own, which is nice.

Now another week will pass and it will all start over :p 

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Respawning teammates is probably why I like Apex and hate all the rest, I win 2 games this morning and Respawning teammates was vital in both. Without it I'm dead and requeuing and left to wonder if the guys I left behind won. More interestingly I've seen people mostly try whatever they can to bring back their teammates despite being pugs, one guy ran deep into the storm to grab a teammates banner almost dying doing it, then run across an very hot area solo, with like 3 teams lighting each other up just to get to a respawn beacon, and we ended up winning with all 3 of us alive. 

I haven't run into much toxicity, i had 2 games where the other guys were obviously grouped and I don't know if this is a thing but both groups asked if i ate ass and then left before the drop, leaving me solo.  :confused:

Yeah I completely agree about the respawning teammates being a really awesome feature. Gives you a reason to stick around and root for your teammates even if you get knocked out early.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I've ran more into a-holes on PC more than console.  Had one person get mad cause he rushed in and got himself killed and started calling us names.  Most of the times I've seen people leave just cause they didn't like the drop point.  I simply just don't use a headset on PC.  On console, I have yet run into these type of people.

I only had one toxic group of teammates so far on PS4. It started after the character select screen. I picked Caustic and was immediately met with "ughhh another Caustic player, I've yet to see any good Caustic players". As we dropped they are like "stay with us or fuck off,either way we wont revive you".  Needless to say we didnt last long lol. 

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

I've ran more into a-holes on PC more than console.  Had one person get mad cause he rushed in and got himself killed and started calling us names.  Most of the times I've seen people leave just cause they didn't like the drop point.  I simply just don't use a headset on PC.  On console, I have yet run into these type of people.

I haven't run into that on console at all. Most folks in the squad work like a squad even without a headset.

23 hours ago, Slug said:

I'm on PC, but I'm unlikely to continue playing until they release solo's mode or cross platform support (since my regular squad for games like this is mostly ps4/xbone).

If they allow crossplay with console players using controllers, maybe I’ll finally log some fucking kills. 

• Haha 2